Windows 7.3 installed

njjeep

Reaction score
Would dropping the nozzles down to 100's help to keep the rods in the block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP-Tuner

Reaction score
A dodge pulling a ford is never a good picture. Just give it time. I'm sure you'll return the favor.

It seems quite a few guys running a 468 with nozzles in the 250/200 to 350/200 range have blown motors recently.

I agree. Been there and done that after a turbo let go on the dyno. I am still reminded of that every time I talk to the Dodge owner.

Jody

Black 02

Reaction score
No one that I know of has broken a billet rod motor on that setup.

The 350/200 setups that I know that have broke have been on stock forged rod motors. These are 600+ motors on fuel and 700+ on spray. (On stock rods)

I'm curious what Jody meant by seeing a trend. I'm building a new motor that I don't want to be part of a "trend".

DP-Tuner

Reaction score
No one that I know of has broken a billet rod motor on that setup.

The 350/200 setups that I know that have broke have been on stock forged rod motors. These are 600+ motors on fuel and 700+ on spray. (On stock rods)

I'm curious what Jody meant by seeing a trend. I'm building a new motor that I don't want to be part of a "trend".

I agree the billets are holding at that power.

I keep seeing a trend of Swamps tuning with blown motors. I am not sure if it is the tuning or something else. I know that many other factors come into play but most like to blame the tuning.

Jody

golfer

Reaction score
I would be more concerned about the trq curve rather than the hp one.

Engine calibrations/chip tuning written for large(r) single turbochargers are going to make much more torque with a small(er) turbocharger...given that size injector.

..but at the end of the day, it's a gamble with forged rods.

As soon as a smaller, more responsive, turbocharger is thrown into the mix...the same chip programming is going to be brutal, when the boost comes on hard at 1800rpm, as opposed to 2300rpm.

Aside from our tuning, the success we've had in keeping stock/forged rod engines together at pretty respectable hp levels also comes from us (generally) selling packages that include large(r) turbochargers.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I agree the billets are holding at that power.

I keep seeing a trend of Swamps tuning with blown motors. I am not sure if it is the tuning or something else. I know that many other factors come into play but most like to blame the tuning.

Jody

Was that really just said? LOL

thuglike

Reaction score
Engine calibrations/chip tuning written for large(r) single turbochargers are going to make much more torque with a small(er) turbocharger...given that size injector.

..but at the end of the day, it's a gamble with forged rods.

As soon as a smaller, more responsive, turbocharger is thrown into the mix...the same chip programming is going to be brutal, when the boost comes on hard at 1800rpm, as opposed to 2300rpm.

Aside from our tuning, the success we've had in keeping stock/forged rod engines together at pretty respectable hp levels also comes from us (generally) selling packages that include large(r) turbochargers.

I've seen, as I'm sure you have, alot of guys pushing the limits of chargers of all sizes. I look at some set ups and see either dyno sheets or track slips and start wondering how long is it til we see a "blew it up thread".

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Fwiw. I have seen quite a few stock Ford remans toss rods. I don't like any kind of reman product

njjeep

Reaction score
That's good to know. I think I will be going with a low mileage 94-00 engine with seasoned gaskets on this next go around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
this is exactly why i have my set up and mild tunes. my boost doesnt come close to coming on until 2100 and is at full sing by 2400-2500. i have several tuners and i have discussed having lower torque and higher HP tunes written. Im sorry for your misfortune, i think you can keep the 200 nozzle and be very tame but with a close relationship with your tuner.

Latest posts

Members online