Winter fuel conditioners

Fosterchild23

Reaction score
Vancouver Island B.C. / Grande Prairie, Alberta
Does anyone run any fuel conditioners in their 6.7 still under warranty? In particular I'm wondering about winter conditioners on a brand new truck, winter is just around the corner and temperatures average -20C and go as low as -45C where I am. Just wanting to keep the truck happy and running well!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I run a combo of Howes fuel conditioner and AmsOil Cetane booster all year round... Haven't had any issues whatsoever yet and the truck loves the Cetane booster with our chitty Cetane rated diesel here in Alberta...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
You have to or YOU WILL gel. The new diesel fuel has bio-diesel added for lubricant instead of sulfur. How much, I can't remember but regardless.

Bio-diesel gels before regular fuel.

I've had pretty decent luck with power service. Mostly as that is easy to find.

But the best way I've found is to mix in #1 with # 2. 50/50 mix is supposed to yield -50 F.

What ever additive you use make sure to keep it warm until you pour it in the tank. Non of them mix when frozen/slush/a glob. Might be best to buy additive at the station when fueling, that way it is always warm.

Last edited:

Fosterchild23

Reaction score
Vancouver Island B.C. / Grande Prairie, Alberta
Ah gotcha. I haven't seen any diesel options at fuel stations in Canada except for shell which offers regular ULSD, as well as a higher cetane "V power" diesel at some stations.

After reading up on it I'm pretty sure in Canada they run a mix of the two year round which is apparently classified as winterized diesel.. Due to our miserable winters which last from October until April or May in most of the country.

Last edited: