With H&S MCC coming think IDP will tune on H&S

superstroked

Reaction score
Bentley,

will there be detail for what each adjustment and parameter change will provide and or affect for the average person that is interested in doing this?

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Bentley,

will there be detail for what each adjustment and parameter change will provide and or affect for the average person that is interested in doing this?

There are small explanations included with MCC. Most of the theory of operation can be learned with a little time using the tuning software. There will also likely be a lot of threads started online with info on what and where to change to achieve a certain result.

Most diesel ECU tuning is 90% the same. If you have used EFI Live or anything similar, this MCC software will come easy.

Most diesels you will see operate like this:

1. Pedal position gets converter to a desired torque value (pedal to torque tables)
2. That desired torque value gets used to determine a fuel amount (mass fuel tables)
3. Fuel amount is used to determine an injector opening time (pulse width table)

Simple as that! Then you just have to make sure you are not being limited by some maximum value or table of some sort. Really is easy once you break it down and understand how the software steps through the tables. It gets much much more complex when you see what all the ECU is really doing with the logic, but as for basic idea of operation it is simple.

superstroked

Reaction score
There are small explanations included with MCC. Most of the theory of operation can be learned with a little time using the tuning software. There will also likely be a lot of threads started online with info on what and where to change to achieve a certain result.

Most diesel ECU tuning is 90% the same. If you have used EFI Live or anything similar, this MCC software will come easy.

Most diesels you will see operate like this:

1. Pedal position gets converter to a desired torque value (pedal to torque tables)
2. That desired torque value gets used to determine a fuel amount (mass fuel tables)
3. Fuel amount is used to determine an injector opening time (pulse width table)

Simple as that! Then you just have to make sure you are not being limited by some maximum value or table of some sort. Really is easy once you break it down and understand how the software steps through the tables. It gets much much more complex when you see what all the ECU is really doing with the logic, but as for basic idea of operation it is simple.

Awesome!

CT9AIX

Reaction score
This is so sweet! This is exactly what I was hoping for when I posted earlier in the thread. This is, in a nut shell, the same software I use to tune my car, so picking up on this should be a easy switch over!! Cant wait for it to be released

B585Ford

Reaction score
This is so sweet! This is exactly what I was hoping for when I posted earlier in the thread. This is, in a nut shell, the same software I use to tune my car, so picking up on this should be a easy switch over!! Cant wait for it to be released

Best thread to date on MMC. Thanks for starting it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
what models does the software cover? Does it work for 6L or do we get the shaft? LOL

Can you directly flash the pcm or do you need an HS device only?

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
what models does the software cover? Does it work for 6L or do we get the shaft? LOL

Can you directly flash the pcm or do you need an HS device only?

If we do the 6.0 Powerstroke, it will be a long while. Right now we have planned the 6.4, then 6.7.

You will be required to use an H&S device as the flash tool. We have no plans of making a lap-top only based software.

Latest posts

Members online