Won't rev past 3k

Coposrv

Reaction score
Been chasing a problem for a few weeks. Thought it was turbo related but not sure now. While driving on the highway if I floor it the truck will downshift but won't rev or pull past 3k. I lose all boost and have to get out of the throttle. What says the army?

sootie

Reaction score
any codes?

what are the mods on the truck?

sound like vgt actuator or vanes sticking on the turbo.

Coposrv

Reaction score
Mods are srl tune. Silverline turbo back and an 03 turbo. No codes. I set my scan gauge so I could video it while this happens. I saw the ipr % touch 87 wot but its usually around 70-75 wot sometimes lower. It's a hit or miss thing that's hard to duplicate.

Coposrv

Reaction score
Not sure. I think there is. I have an extra vgt solenoid I may try to swap this weekend

Coposrv

Reaction score
I don't have my fuel pressure gauge in yet. Icp is 580-640 at hot idle. Wot 1850-1900ish.

Coposrv

Reaction score
I do know at 3k the fun stops and I am left with a black cloud behind the truck. I think I'm getting enough fuel but I have a blue spring coming and I will be installing the PF gauge this weekend. I've been real busy this winter and its just now getting nice out in the north east.

swinky

Reaction score
Does it hit 3k fine in neutral? Read icp voltage not psi. The tuning screws up the psi reading but you can get a solid voltage reading. Ipr looks good, if it's hit or miss I doubt it's fuel related. My money is on turbo since it's smoking so much.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Coposrv

Reaction score
I'm going to add the pid for vgt duty cycle and icp voltage this weekend. I have a lot of maintence to do. It seems I'm either working 6-7 days and week and trying to get a boat and mustang ready for the season. I talked to gearhead and they're having me look at those two pids to help troubleshoot.

Coposrv

Reaction score
It will rev in neutral no problem. Only shows an issue under load. And intermittently at that.

Seven.Three81

Reaction score
Its a plugin. its like the problems they had with the ****ty duramaxs 03s. But I'm not sure with plugging it is but its the one under next to the trans sometimes u wiggle it or clean it an put dielectrical grease on plug .plug it back in

97 7.3 ATS diesel

Latest posts

Members online