Work truck

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Got a cclb fx4 2010 6.4. Want a tune for it that will not leave a imprint on the computer when I take it off. It's a work truck. No deletes exhaust or intake, totally stock. Only want a few extra ponies. What options do I have?

rstan2010

Reaction score
Got a cclb fx4 2010 6.4. Want a tune for it that will not leave a imprint on the computer when I take it off. It's a work truck. No deletes exhaust or intake, totally stock. Only want a few extra ponies. What options do I have?

Do yourself a favor and don't tune unless your gonna delete. Your only asking for more problems. More power means more soot and more soot means more regens which is gonna kill your truck

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Adding tune with the dpf still on and functioning, your adding more fuel, so it goes into regeneration (burning the soot collected by the dpf) mode more often. With the added fuel, your gonna produce more soot and take the risk of plugging the dpf, or burning it up from going through the regen cycle more often.

SENT BY MAGIC

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You're getting fuel dilution in the oil with the DPF on the truck. If you're going to tune, I recommend deleting.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I wish I could. But it's a company truck. I guess a tune is a no go. Thanks guys.
How is the dpf causing fuel to be mixed with the oil? I may be buying this truck next year so it looks like I got some homework to do...

El chupacabra

Reaction score
If your boss is cool just tell him what you want to do and say the words better MPG. And professionally installed in there somewhere. He might even chip in for the tuner and delete. I talked my old boss into a Pittsburgh power tuner on my rig and he paid for it and had the mechanic install it. Most places don't want you installing aftermarket products not for the fact that they don't want it on their truck. Its that other guys have ruined it for us by doing half assed installs twisting wires together and taping them. We had a driver install his own power inverter. Later that day his truck caught fire. Funny thing is that he was a diesel mechanic before he started trucking. Other thing is this truck assigned to you only wouldn't you be pissed if you bought the tuner and he gave that truck to another guy. Just some things to think about.

-Jake-

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
He does realize there is a fairly heavy monetary fine involved if you get caught tampering with federally mandated smog equipment, right?

B585Ford

Reaction score
He does realize there is a fairly heavy monetary fine involved if you get caught tampering with federally mandated smog equipment, right?

:whs: That's the problem!!!!

To answer your question about diluting the oil with fuel, during regen, your truck dumps extra fuel (to heat the DPF and clean it) that won't be burnt during combustion...some of that non-burnt fuel ends up in the oil.

Latest posts

Members online