Worst Transmission Shop Ever

02stroker

Reaction score
I took my old transmission out of my truck and went and had it rebuilt at a local shopwhen I got it back every single sensor and bracket was gone they said I took it in without it on it now I'm trying to figure out what I need to put it back together and what goes whereupon the only part I can't figure out is why my oil cooler lines don't fit in this transmission the back one is way too deep and the front one is too small also I need the rear tail shaft mount for the crossmember I was wondering if one out of a different vehicle or a gasoline motor F 350 will workalso they told me since my transmission had so much metal in it I needed to by pass the factory cooler and put 2 auxiliary coolers on it is that true? And the bracket that hold the shift linkage could I find that on a different transmission sorry for the long post bit I need the truck for work monday

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
I would bypass the factory cooler or flush it out really good.. I hope you got a new converter because all the metals particles will be in it also..if I'm not mistaking the 4R100 was put behind the Triton V10's to..

02stroker

Reaction score
Yes I got a new converter the holes for the cooler are what I'm confused about why my hoses don't fit can a just put a fitting with a barb in there

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Yea you can just make sure you get good clamps and get them good and snug but you shouldn't have a problem..

TARM

Reaction score
That does not make sense. Those are hard lines and its not like anything on the case changes from a rebuild. Does it have the bypass line installed with the banjo fittings etc?l

You should replace your air to fluid trans cooler if your trans let go. Flush out the radiator trans cooler section. To be safe you could install a inline filter on the return line to the trans as between the air/oil and trans. That would ensure any crap that may not get flushed out would not end back up in the trans. Just be sure to change the filter.

02stroker

Reaction score
No I was missing the bypass lines didn't know they were on there stupid me I got it all installed now and the trouble continues I have a flash overdrive off light and hard shifts from 1/2 also when I've come to a stop the damn thing almost kills my truck feels like its still pushing really had any ideas the shop still will not return my phone calls
:cursing::cursing:

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
You need to check for codes. The flashing OD light means codes have been stored. You need those codes to determine what's wrong. And the problem might not be inside the transmission.

Problems like this is why sometimes in the long run it's cheaper to pay the shop to do the entire job. Then it would be their problem to make it right before you pick it up. Now it's going to be a lot of finger pointing.

TARM

Reaction score
Those sound like VB issues. But I am no expert not even a little bit.

Reaction score
You must be an expert. I can't tell that this would be a vb issue, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Isn't everything a "valvebody" issue? LOL

But really, do scan it for codes, preferable with an good Snap On scanner or an IDS. Most generic code readers will pull just a P0700 which doesn't help at all. Trying to stall coming to a stop could be a converter but there's a bunch of other things. Also check the basics, full of fluid, trans temp, rpm in lock up, etc.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I took my old transmission out of my truck and went and had it rebuilt at a local shopwhen I got it back every single sensor and bracket was gone they said I took it in without it on it now I'm trying to figure out what I need to put it back together and what goes whereupon the only part I can't figure out is why my oil cooler lines don't fit in this transmission the back one is way too deep and the front one is too small also I need the rear tail shaft mount for the crossmember I was wondering if one out of a different vehicle or a gasoline motor F 350 will workalso they told me since my transmission had so much metal in it I needed to by pass the factory cooler and put 2 auxiliary coolers on it is that true? And the bracket that hold the shift linkage could I find that on a different transmission sorry for the long post bit I need the truck for work monday
Am I missing something? Did you remove all of this or did you just drop the trans and take it in?

02stroker

Reaction score
Po733 gear ratio 3 incorrect Po743 torque converter clutch solenoid po782 2-3 shift po781 1-2 po741 torque converter clutch solenoid performance or stuck off po732 gear 2 incorrect ratio I think that's all of them

02stroker

Reaction score
I took the tranny to the shop without removing a thing I got it back with nothing and they said they were on it when I dropped it off so I had to re buy it all the tranny shop is shady and won't honor there warranty now I'm truck less and out 1700 buck I'm about ready to just take it to gillet diesel

Radioflyer

Reaction score
That's not cool. Wish you were closer bud, be glad to help ya out. Gillet are good guy's, deal with them quite a bit. I'm assuming your in UT right?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Come on Mark. Tarm said he had no clue. Just a WAG.
How was that in any way helpful? If someone has no clue then they shouldn't be offering solutions. Should the OP drop the pan and remove the valve body on Tarm's idea? How would that help anyone? All it does is cause someone else to do work that is just a waste.

This is one of my pet peeves. People come here for help, and others that have NO CLUE offer solutions that are just off the wall. If you don't know, there is no shame at all in not offering a solution. If you do know, by all means, offer what you can. But if you don't know, keep your fingers off the keyboard.

Now back to the problem.

There are codes for the torque converter clutch solenoid. These are a problem, but will not affect the shifting, only the torque converter lockup. You have codes for no second or third gear. I would expect either shift solenoid codes, or something wrong inside the clutches. Did they replace the solenoid body? If the trans was full of metal the solenoids MUST be replaced, they will never work right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.