Worth it to buy 16.5

Decker

Reaction score
Found a good deal on some weld 16.5x12 mountain crushers in decent shape. They need to be polish but no gouging or road rash. Is it worth to buy them? Been looking at tires to put on them. Seems that only interco and pit bull have the option for them beside military knock off. I mean is a really good deal for the wheels but is it worth it or not?

8inchstroker

Reaction score
Ive got 16.5 and 38" swampers pretty much only tires that size. But i love look of swampers. How much for wheels?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
Its very hard to find 16.5 tires anymore, very limited sizes
Super swampers and bfgs is about it.

Decker

Reaction score
Ive got 16.5 and 38" swampers pretty much only tires that size. But i love look of swampers. How much for wheels?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The wheels come with tires but are 500$
They have a decently worn set of pit bull rockers on them. The tires have about 40% tread left

I love the look of swampers too but I do a lot of city driving and they don't last that long on the road. They be great when I spend my time off road but when 80% for my driving is city I would be replacing tires every two years.

dsberman94

Reaction score
CSIPSD runs the military tires on his truck. I think he's got a thread on here for them. He says he gets good life out of them for the price he pays for them.

Decker

Reaction score
yeah Humvee take offs are nice and last a while except problem is mounting them on a 12 wide wheel. I really want to pull the trigger on these wheels just for the price and get a set of swamper boggers to just have them set off to the side for the winter or when heading to the woods. I guess my question really is that is 16.5x12 mountain crushers worth 500$. I check eBay and things they seem to go for a 1200$ a set but idk if those people asking are just being rediculous?

78f100

Reaction score
If they have decent tires I'm sure they are worth 500. I have 2 sets, one set is weld 12 wide super singles, I love them and ran them for years on my 2000. Back them about the only good choices were super swampers, and bfg ats

Decker

Reaction score
I love the look of welds. But anyways must of been a good deal. Called him last wed to ask about them. Said he hold them till sat. Called to make sure it was good time to get them and they sold already.

Zmann

Reaction score
i think your better off
I have 16.5's and interco radials on my Blazer and was sorry I made that choice

I should have gone to a 17 or larger rim but this was years ago

i would never buy a 16.5 today they are disappearing for a reason IMO

Latest posts

Members online