WTB 6.4L

Spindrift

Reaction score
Don't know chit about these trucks. Long time 6.0L owner who thinks it's time to move up. Primary purpose of the truck will be to pull the TT in my sig. Will upgrade to a larger 5er in the future. Secondary purpose of the truck will be to go fast. I'm thinking I've got around 30-35K to spend. Absolutely, positively, no more. Will be paying off my kids' college tuitions till the day I die. I'm thinking I'd like to start with a CC LB because a TT like mine needs wheelbase in order to have good highway manners.

Where do I start? Like the 6.0L, are there "better" 6.4s? Is it reasonable for me to think I can get a clean truck at the lower end of my $$ scale. Anything I'm not thinking about that should be front and center?

ditch_dawg

Reaction score
Yes, I just found an '08 CC SB FX4 Job 3 build for $33.5k with 44k miles. I put a little over $1k in it for tunes, intake and exhaust. This thing is so much faster than my '03 7.3L it's not even funny. Just take your time and don't settle, there are plenty of good trucks out there.

DSC01420.jpg

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
bought a clean 2010 4x4 ccsb auto lariat for 33k, got $1200 in tuner and exhaust.

look, look, look, and dont be afraid to drive to go look at them.

autotrader.com, carsforsale.com, is where i was looking. there were several under $35k in jan when i was looking.

Reaction score
mine was bought at a dealer with 128k on it, for 20k put 1500 into and didnt look back. the previous owners were an old couple who never even towed with the truck and had all the service done at ford.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Around here you can pick a crewcab short xlt for about 18-22k depending on condition Ect with just over 100k miles. Warranty sure seams to drive the price.

Trucks around here are clean usually so let me.know if you find one.

Mike Haller is selling his crew can for 30k I think it's got 60k miles on it just for an fyi

Spindrift

Reaction score
mine was bought at a dealer with 128k on it, for 20k put 1500 into and didnt look back. the previous owners were an old couple who never even towed with the truck and had all the service done at ford.

20K? Good deal for sure. I won't find anything nearly that inexpensive in my neck of the woods.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's blue FX4 black interior cloth seats it's a nice truck but a shortbed so not in the market for the op

Maybe I'll sell the op my crewcab and buy mikes lol

Spindrift

Reaction score
I know that I'm going to take a lot of chit for this, being that it's the 6.4 section, but I'm also going to look at a few 6.0s as well since you can get a lot for your $$. :poke:

smokinstroker

Reaction score
You can for sure save alot of money going cloth ad not lariat or KR as well. This is where I'm stuck right now

Spindrift

Reaction score
Like the 6.0L, are there any, "what to look for when buying a 6.4L" issues that I need to be concerned about?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.