• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

WTB: 7.3 POWERSTROKE/ZF6/DROPOUT UNIT

BRAD ROLSTON

Reaction score
I really need some help here

I have spent hundreds of $’s on phone calls and correspondence, only to be let down at the last minute by at least 6 companies who don’t have what they were offering, or have tried to put everything together from a number of different vehicles.

This is a complete list of the parts I need, supplied as a complete unit from one vehicle, with the lowest possible millage.

What I need is a complete dropout 2000 – 2003, 7.3l Powerstroke – can be F250, F350, or F450, Super Duty, 4WD including all of the following:

Complete 7.3 engine with nothing removed
Air Cleaner Unit
ZF6 Manual 6 Speed Transmission
Transfer Case, and switch inside cab
Complete Gas Pedal
Complete wiring harness – inside, and under the hood
OBD ll unit under the dash
All computer boxes, modules, Fuse Boxes and Sensors
Gauge cluster panel
Ignition switch with keys
Transfer Case Mounting Brackets and mounts
Motor mounts
Transmission Mounts
Yoke for rear of transmission

If we are able to put something together, my shipping agent in Gilroy CA
will take care of the payment and shipping for me.

If anyone has any idea where, or can refer me to someone who can possibly help, I will follow up on any possibilities that are out there.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

BRAD ROLSTON ENGINEERING
159 VAN TONDER STREET
P.O. BOX 506
STELLA
KALAHARI
SOUTH AFRICA
TEL: 082 574 9928
FAX : 086 672 6854
E-MAIL : [email protected]
WEB : www.bradrolstonafricanhunting.com

jngreen

Reaction score
There are junkyards (salvage yards) that kinda specialize in superduty parts. I think there are some in texas. Hopefully someone can refer you to a place that would be willing to work with you, especially if you plan on doing this more than once. You need to develop a relationship with someone at one of those places. An aftermarket performance place is not going to take the time to help you with locating all of those stock pieces. You need a source of rollover or totaled trucks, and a guy willing to gut them for you. A small salvage yard is probably your only option. I will keep an eye out for you here in indiana.

jngreen

Reaction score
I think you should also broaden your search to 94.5- 2003 7.3 powerstroke trucks. For what you are doing the older trucks will probably be easier to use, because they have no factory intercooler. Which means they will be easier to drop in and go, with less fabrication needed to make them driveable.

BRAD ROLSTON

Reaction score
jngreen

Thank you for your offer to help.

Over the last 6 weeks, I have done exactly what you have suggested. I have spent hundreds of $'s on phone calls and correspondence to a number of these yards, only to be let down at the last minute. I have already transfered money to the US, and everthing is in place for payment, crating and shipping.

I can only hope to eventually get in touch with a yard that has what I'm looking for, and will be honest with me up front.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Brad, I think I was one of the first guys you talked too. At that time I told you how difficult to find complete running engines with zf-6s are to find. I priced everything too you, but never heard anything back.

I have a small SD parts yard and I specialize in manual transmission trucks. I have what you want complete running truck with zf and electronic t-case with all wiring etc...I deal in this same type of truck all the time. If you would like for me to PM you a price for everything let me know. Thanks.

BRAD ROLSTON

Reaction score
jngeen

Thank you for that - will follow it up for sure and let you know....

co04cobra

If I missed anything from you I apologise. I will call you tomorrow if it is convenient for you and discuss everything.

For this first conversion it's so important that I get a really good running unit, with not even a fuse missing. Like I mentioned previously, I have at least 7 customers who want to do this once they see that mine is a success.

I have people in and out of my shop from early morning till arounnd 22h00 at night, and they will all be seeing what I'm doing - besides the heaps I still have to learn, I want everything to at least look good.

Latest posts

Members online