ww2 in a obs

tyler2k

Reaction score
is anyone running one yet, i wanna order one but would like to to hear at least one persons thoughts who has tried it

under pressure

Reaction score
There are reviews on the nation and org, as well as on dieselsite on the wheels purchase page.
I have yet to find any downfall, just louder which 99% of the users are enjoying.

tyler2k

Reaction score
yea im on the nation just wanna hear first had from someone in a obs. and as louder thats not a problem for me i love turbo whine

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
We've had a lot of our OBS testers posting their results over on another forum (CAN I SAY IT HERE?? ^ ^). Here's some quotes of their reviews:

back woods said:
Got my truck back today from the shop, went in for leaking o-rings and had them install the wheel also, o-rings are still leaking though so its back in the shop...

But I got to drive it about 30 miles down to the boarder.

What a difference! The truck is a 1995 F250, 285k, down pipe, BHAF and thats it. The original wheel had quite a bit of wear but got the job done. (just made a 2000mi trip towing a trailer) In the short trip that I made, this is what I observed.

Spool - From a dead stop to the floor the turbo lights almost instantly. I would say it spools in half of the time compared to the original wheel. Driving in traffic it is a completely different truck. Downshifting out of O/D into 3rd there is no lag at all. With the passenger window down listening to the exhaust, from 1000-1300rpm the turbo gets singing alot faster over stock.

Power - Even though the truck has stock fuel there is a noticeable difference. Mountain passes in O/D around 1250rpm or so it will pull. To the floor 2500rpm it used to kind of fall off the map, now it will pull until the next gear. More power through all RPM.

Sound - My truck is a true beater. There are holes in the floor, gaps in the doors, no carpet or trim, it is rough and has alot of wind noise. Been like that for a while so I can notice a change in turbo noise. To me it is a hair quieter when its spooling, and a little bit louder when you let off the pedal. I think this is because the Wicked Wheel 1 would slice through the air causing more sound than performance. The WWII moves the air instead of slicing through it.

My truck has never ran better. It turned my old beater into a spring chicken.
Have thought about a tuner in the past but worried about my transmission since it is just a tow rig. Ill take this wheel over a tow tune any day.

I extremely recommend this product!!

10/10 cant wait to put more miles on it and buy one for my Super Duty!

and

Fordman247365 said:
Here it is guys, upon removal of my turbo I discovered the dreaded exhaust leaks from the uppipes so right away I knew I wouldnt see the results I wanted, plus the added poor road conditions.

However....

First off, it whistles quite a bit more. Driving in normal conditions it runs exactly 100* cooler on exhaust temp. On the lowest setting on my superchit tuner I gained 5 psi to 26. On the highest setting on it I ran up to 31 psi but had to stop there for the speed I was traveling was much too fast for conditions....well in excess of 100 mph (closed course naturally ). Probably the most impressive things are the zero turbo lag, the rate at which the turbo builds pressure, insane fast TBH, and the overall feel of the added performance. Wish there was a dyno in the area but sadly there is not.

It was enough to scare my 4 passengers into speachlessness.

Have to add also on the WOT run my exhaust temp never went above 900* (probe is post turbo). Pretty damn impressive

Cr500

Reaction score
I have a 96 I use for an errand truck, it's had a billet 38r wheel in an otherwise normal tp38 turbo for about 4 months. Compared to the cast 38r wheel it works better everywhere. A lot of the high pitched whine has been replaced by an air rushing sound thru intake. It seems in every case I get that type of noise with the billet stuff. Denser material maybe..
In any case a billet compressor wheel makes sense. It's the cost for some that might not be a plus. On average regardless of turbocharger by replacing the cast wheel with a billet will net about 12-15% more airflow. It's lighter, and stronger than what you are replacing.

under pressure

Reaction score
I have a 96 I use for an errand truck, it's had a billet 38r wheel in an otherwise normal tp38 turbo for about 4 months. Compared to the cast 38r wheel it works better everywhere. A lot of the high pitched whine has been replaced by an air rushing sound thru intake. It seems in every case I get that type of noise with the billet stuff. Denser material maybe..
In any case a billet compressor wheel makes sense. It's the cost for some that might not be a plus. On average regardless of turbocharger by replacing the cast wheel with a billet will net about 12-15% more airflow. It's lighter, and stronger than what you are replacing.

You have a 66mm in place of a 60mm ? Is that what im reading?

Cr500

Reaction score
Yes. More or less a tp38. 38r billet wheel. Machined housing/ back plate to fit.
To maybe get confusing it has a tp38 compressor cover, early 99 backplate, gtp38 bearing housing, tp38 turbine shaft/ housing.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Ask beans about it and they will pull one off the shelf and send it to ya

under pressure

Reaction score
I was discussing the set up in a superduty, similar thing, just a machined housing and 66mm wheel.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I was discussing the set up in a superduty, similar thing, just a machined housing and 66mm wheel.

They can build that for you. The quandary is at that point you are pushing the price of a 38r. I wonder if they would just machine the parts for you and let you build the charger.

under pressure

Reaction score
I would be very interested in its capability, though with the WW stepping up the stock charger some, this idea could just remain an idea.

Latest posts

Members online