Yes.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Corbin I have never heard of a 6.7 windowing the block with a tune only setup... The only trucks I know that do that are the ones running compounds.

The first two that I went back to look at on this site, were compounds.... So I guess the others might or might not be.

The others, I am sure that they were stock fans. Except for one of the ones at my dealership. Its motor was out when I saw it, and it could have been anything. I failed to ask, I merely assumed. I saw the others in person. And my buddies' trucks were stock as well. Both of my buddies ran their truck hard, like they did with their 6.4s, so that undoubtedly did not help matters.

Regardless, I am staying with the 6.4, and keeping an eye on these developments. would like to see more HP, with twins or triples, and fuel, and no window installation...

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Very good friend of mine was there...standing next to the dyno on all the other runs watching the computer....

...From what Ive seen they are claiming this is fuel only. He said they sprayed every run and he even heard and saw them purging the lines....

Whether this is true or not I dont know 100%. But I do know I hope its not true, no need for lieing like that, specially when your doing something so manny other havent attempted yet.

Based on the video, I can't imagine that they used nitrous. It was pretty smokey. With spray, it would have been a whole lot cleaner in my opinion. It's possible that they used a small jet or something. By the way, the video states "stock fuel." Not fuel only.

I have faith in these guys. As far as I can tell, they're making a lot more progress than anyone else. People are going to find fault in that (obviously) and try to dampen the hype surrounding the progress. I think everyone needs to just sit back, shut up, and watch what happens. Let SPE dictate what's going on with this build. It's their truck, their shop, and they're not hurting a single person on this site doing what they're doing. If they were pimping parts and trying to make a buck without being a site sponsor, hammer on. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

By the way, "7.3psd97444", the second part of this post wasn't directed at you. It's directed at those who can't stand the fact that a big name shop in the PSD performance industry isn't the one posting videos of their progress on YouTube/Facebook. It just happens to be a "no name" shop that no one heard of until a few months ago. Damn those "no name" shops!!!!

Rant over....:D

Last edited:

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Based on the video, I can't imagine that they used nitrous. It was pretty smokey. With spray, it would have been a whole lot cleaner in my opinion. It's possible that they used a small jet or something. By the way, the video states "stock fuel." Not fuel only.

I have faith in these guys. As far as I can tell, they're making a lot more progress than anyone else. People are going to find fault in that (obviously) and try to dampen the hype surrounding the progress. I think everyone needs to just sit back, shut up, and watch what happens. Let SPE dictate what's going on with this build. It's their truck, their shop, and they're not hurting a single person on this site doing what they're doing. If they were pimping parts and trying to make a buck without being a site sponsor, hammer on. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

By the way, "7.3psd97444", the second part of this post wasn't directed at you. It's directed at those who can't stand the fact that a big name shop in the PSD performance industry isn't the one posting videos of their progress on YouTube/Facebook. It just happens to be a "no name" shop that no one heard of until a few months ago. Damn those "no name" shops!!!!

I agree with this. However im only going by what my friend told me. But I wasnt there so I dont know. But yes it should be cleaner if they were spraying. And I doubt they would lie. But your also right in the fact that they state that its on "stock fuel". They didnt say fuel only persay. But I feel they kinda inferred it. Either way I love the fact that its a smaller shop that wasnt heard of doing this. This is the way alot of shops became big and very cool trucks got built.

Im excited to see what they do to the fuel system. I know the power is there with bigger injectors, modded and dual pumps, better tuning, ECT. Thats not the issue. Lets just see how well the bottom end and these heads hold up. I hope they do more then just billet rods, unless they already have.

01PSD

Reaction score

:toast:

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
My hats off to SPE! Everyone acts like this stuff is so easy just to throw together, there is a lot of hard work in this.

But I personally work at a ford dealer and have never seen a 6.7 regular pick up window a motor, they come in tuned and all. Our personal has been tuned for 90K stock trans still and never missed a beat. Now over 100K on the truck.

But yes the 6.4 is a powerhouse, but come on guys... The 6.7 is Anything but a disappointment. We never see these things to get them worked on. Tow like a beast; good power on tune only. Can't just throw the 6.7 out of the picture.

The 6.7 is going to be around for awhile, has lots of room for development. Just aggravating everybody talks down on it and SPE so bad.

Good job SPE!

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
My hats off to SPE! Everyone acts like this stuff is so easy just to throw together, there is a lot of hard work in this.

But I personally work at a ford dealer and have never seen a 6.7 regular pick up window a motor, they come in tuned and all. Our personal has been tuned for 90K stock trans still and never missed a beat. Now over 100K on the truck.

But yes the 6.4 is a powerhouse, but come on guys... The 6.7 is Anything but a disappointment. We never see these things to get them worked on. Tow like a beast; good power on tune only. Can't just throw the 6.7 out of the picture.

The 6.7 is going to be around for awhile, has lots of room for development. Just aggravating everybody talks down on it and SPE so bad.

Good job SPE!
No doubt. And I am sure that the 6.4 didn't just miraculously make gobs of power, right out the gates. It def has a stronger starting platform that the 6.7, but I refuse to believe that the ingenious engineers at Ford went back in time with their technology... They just didn't figure their build plans in accordance with those of us who want to double, or triple the output of its factory HP... LOL It is just gonna take time to figure out what is gonna make the 6.7 make stoopid power, and not detonate.

Def not bashing SPE, in fact, just the opposite. Kudos to them for pioneering...

Latest posts

Members online