You gotta be kidding...

Zmann

Reaction score
way too fast to read without manipulating the video

what did the info center pop up say ?

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
That time it just says Door Ajar... but the video is about the truck dying right after it turns over. I think the first time it did it the a message popped up that said Check Gauges, but I can't be certain because it died right after I heard it pop up.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
improper bleeding of fuel after a filter change?

oil gauge doesnt go up but it wasnt running long enough too.. I ve noticed lagtime in the gauge... especially if your using the wrong oil filter

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
I got an Edge, and it's not telling me anything abnormal. There is a "Mod Volt" but I think thats the alternator. I did change the oil about 1600 miles ago, but I used a Motorcraft Filter like usual. Haven't messed with the fuel filter.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
If it was a cold start and the timing was too advanced (extreme tune) this could happen, but not this time of the year and almost never in the lower 40 (8 might be cold enough in the winter). It could also happen with weak glowplugs.

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
It did this 7 times total and still hasn't started... I don't want to keep doing it, and I have no way of checking my fuel pressure until I get a gauge. I was thinking something FICM or HPOP related... But that may just be me going worse case. I drove it this morning fine and then came back out about 4hrs later and it started doing it.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Codes?

I've had several start-stall conditions related to the cam sensor getting corrosion buildup behind it and pulling it away from the block, thus pulling the sensor end away from the timing pin in the camshaft.

Could be any number of things, even a stuck open EGR valve, or total loss of fuel pressure/volume.

A good scan tool is likely the next thing you're going to need to be into.

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
No codes, and tomorrow i'm picking up a pressure gauge and voltage meter to check FICM. All I see on the forums here and other diesel sites are HPOP and FICM, and ICP; so I'm kind of expecting this to be a huge pain.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Loosing sync or FICM issues are the most likely. Without monitor, we all are guessing, but you had to have some fuel, hpo, and FICM injector sequencing to get the first burn.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
It might be worth it to pay to have it diagnosed at a dealer who has a good diesel guy.

There's so many things that could cause this and the only scan tool in my opinion that does the job 100 percent is the IDS.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've started and idled my truck with the fuel pump unplugged, doubt that's it, but possible I guess.

Mdub707

Reaction score
It wasn't done intentionally. I honestly had no clue it was like that until I tried driving it. Then I realized what I had done.

Demon

Reaction score
Where are you tapping fuel pressure? I should check mine too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.