You guys thoughts on sumps

windrunner408

Reaction score
This is where a sump would not be advantageous but as long as you arent dragging your tank over rocks, I would just get a skid plate to cover it and call it a day. JMO though.

BlueScab

Reaction score
What size and type of line is everyone running from the sump to the filter, and where are you buying it at? Sorry for the derail

windrunner408

Reaction score
I have 5/8" (10AN) Aeroquip Pushlock hose that I use. I get all of my fuel line components through Summit Racing.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea I bet. 10AN (or 5/8") line is what I run from my sump to AD150 and from the AD150 to the A1000. Then from the A1000 to the y-block is 8AN (or 1/2") and then from the y to the front of the heads is 6AN (or 3/8"). I have used both stainless steel braided hose and just the push lock sytle and each has their benefits. The key though is the line size and use good fittings like Aeroquip. Hope this helps.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea the main thing I like about aluminum anodized fittings is that they wont rust like what you would get if you went to a hydraulic shop. JMO though.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have some stainless and some aluminum fittings, my stainless fittings I got from the local parker dealer arent rusting, I even have some steel that look brand new.

09stroker

Reaction score
I'm using fragola push lok hose with a braided nylon covering instead of stainless.
It's called black nylon race hose. All fittings are aluminum fragola anodized black.

Agjake11

Reaction score
I'm using fragola push lok hose with a braided nylon covering instead of stainless.
It's called black nylon race hose. All fittings are aluminum fragola anodized black.

this is what i have also.

i have a hellman sump thanks to 09stroker but otherwise i was going to go with a CP sump since they are some good looking units

09stroker

Reaction score
this is what i have also.

i have a hellman sump thanks to 09stroker but otherwise i was going to go with a CP sump since they are some good looking units

I really like that hose. Simple to assemble and great abrasion protection without it rubbing into things like stainless steel braided lines.

svilla

Reaction score
Do any of you guys run your rigs off road? More than playing in the mud I mean. I get into some thick stuff and would be concerned about a line comming off or the sump catching on something.

I run my truck off road with a sump installed. I have never had any problems. I'm talking about thick North Florida and south Alabama swamp/thickets.

I have a set of PMF traction bars, they block any heavy stuff. It also helps that I have 7 inches of lift on 36s.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
New shipment ready to roll....:pimp:
552700_338312256243740_169231672_n.jpg

Latest posts

Members online