zf6 6.4

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I was lucky with mine, only an hour away. The color and everything exactly how I wanted it, my "Dream Truck". If the truck is used as a "truck" for work and the street the manual is the way to go, but for drag racing an auto is better hands down, I would just never personally buy an auto anything.[/QUOTE

I agree with how you use it on whether to go with a stick...that sums it up for me.

I was patient....I found a few sticks early in my search, but if took me 6 months to find the truck I bought. Flew to Illanois to purchase it, signed the paperwork, drove it home. No regrets!!

Wow, all the cool trucks gettin taken out of our state.. Not cool

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

Petro

Reaction score
With all the problems Ive had with my auto I sure wish mine had the zf6. I sure do miss my 7.3 6 speed. All I heard before I bought mine was how good the 5r110's are . . . . . . . . . . . still havnt seen the light on that deal.

tensixniner

Reaction score
Love my 6spd. Having My SBDD installed as we speak! Will be nice to put the power to the ground! Innovative tuning and no cruise issues BTW.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I've had KEM, H&S and Spartan tunes and Cruise has always worked.

If Innovative ever gets their tunes working on the iTSX I'd like to try them as well.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Love my 6spd. Having My SBDD installed as we speak! Will be nice to put the power to the ground! Innovative tuning and no cruise issues BTW.

Aren't you doing the 3250? I know one person who went that route and he is really happy with it. Let us know what you think when you get it back.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Unless your dead set on a manual, buy an auto. The new autos are holding up well to 500+ hp trucks.

A built auto is going to run you $7000 +/-
A south bend dual disc is $2000 +/

What are u planning on doing with your truck?

I have a zf6 with a 6.4 and have driven 6.0s and 6.4s with autos and i will never own another manual again. The autos pull harder and run way better when towing and they hold back better on the hills. If your not sure still ask a buddy with either a 6.0 or a 6.4 to let you go and try pulling a trailer with the auto and after about 100 miles you will have your virdict (doubt its spelled right)

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
??? Every time I drive one of my parents autos towing I'm mashing the brakes 10 times more than in my trucks. I think the autos and manuals have the same amount of pull loaded though. Autos always feel "mushy" to me.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
i use tow haul mode all the time and there is a huge diff between the 2 modes. i like the way the autos pull

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have a zf6 with a 6.4 and have driven 6.0s and 6.4s with autos and i will never own another manual again. The autos pull harder and run way better when towing and they hold back better on the hills. If your not sure still ask a buddy with either a 6.0 or a 6.4 to let you go and try pulling a trailer with the auto and after about 100 miles you will have your virdict (doubt its spelled right)

I guess to each their own. I have only driven an auto in 6.0 so I can't compare 6.4 auto to 6.4 manual. I personally feel more comfortable when driving a stick (especially when towing) because I completely control gear, RPM, etc. I believe only 2% of '08s were sticks so I would say 98% of 6.4 Super Duty owners agree with you. Maybe I am just too old school. :hammer:

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Aren't you doing the 3250? I know one person who went that route and he is really happy with it. Let us know what you think when you get it back.

Sure am. I am really looking forward to getting my truck back. I have a good friend at the dealer that is installing new up pipes under warrantee for me. He pulls the tranny to change them and will install my clutch while he's there. My factory throw out bearing was super noisy. Not covered! LOL

fvrpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have an 08 drw single cab with eve delete Airdog Southbend and a mini max the truck has 86,000 miles I'd sell it Pm me if interested

fvrpowerstroke

Reaction score
i sold all my equipment and dont need the truck any more. im looking to get a four door for my family wld trade for a four door

Latest posts

Members online