zf6 clutch master bleeding procedure

dragn91

Reaction score
The clutch master is busted on my zf6 the rod doesn't clip in. It came with a new one. What's the procedure for bench bleeding this thing to I need to take it all out and hook it to the slave cylinder or can I hook it up and bleed it on the truck somehow? Also anyone have pics of how the clutch safty switch is installed it was also broke and has a old clutch rod taped in it so the truck will start. I think I'm gona order a repair manual tonight so I'm not clogging up the forum with this trucks problems..

mandkole

Reaction score
Bench bleeding any master cyl is the same process. On the bench, I fill the master with fluid, plug the fluid port with a cap or thumb, then with a rod will move the piston in/out slowly, while watching for bubbles in the reservoir. Once the bubbles are gone and you cant hardly push the piston anymore, its bled and ready for install. Once its hooked to the line, I then stroke the slave to push any bubbles at the joint upward.

Don't feel bad about asking questions, that what the forum is for. Were all trying to fix our junk now and then. :thumbsup:

BS Hauler

Reaction score
When I replaced my slave cylinder I just backed my rear of my truck off of the side of my driveway. So the front of the truck was about a foot and a half higher than the back. Then before I installed my slave I pushed the air out of it up to the master and then the air would go to the reservoir without putting air into the master because it sloped up and away from the master.

Latest posts

Members online