zf6 clutch question

old96stroker

Reaction score
I had a new luk brand clutch put in my black truck about 6k miles ago, all new parts, my question is it is getting a little tough to shift and has very little feathering in the clutch. Is it possible that the slave cylinder is getting "weak"? I replaced the slave cylinder july of 2011, it came from o'reilly's, any comments appreciated, I know it has been cold outside and first thing in the morning it is usually a little tougher to shift but doesn't get much easier after use, like I said any comments or resolve is appreciated, is there a better slave cylinder made for this transmission, thank you.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Are you talking like not much pedal movement between disengaged and engaged?
As far as shifting I run synthetic.

old96stroker

Reaction score
exactly sdstroker, and it doesnt feel like when the clutch pedal is all the way down maybe not completely engaged, brand new clutch though and never been slipped, i think i am just going to put a new slave cylinder in just looking for a better slave cylinder, thought i would have got a few more opinions on this.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Put a complete pre-bled kit in. There are a few threads on this, but advance auto "did" show one that is aluminum instead of the plastic lines. IMO. That is the way to go.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Thank you cobra, I had heard that advance had a better setup, the one that I put in last time from o'reillys was prebled also but I remember looking at it and thinking the lines looked awfully chincy, thank you for the advice, I think that is the direction I will be going, thanks again!

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
I don't know if the sd trucks are setup the same but my obs has a little plastic coupler where the pedal assembly connects to the clutch master cyl and when they wear out you get the same problems you're having its like a 5 dollar part if that's the issue save a bunch of money and trouble

old96stroker

Reaction score
Thank you for the input guys, lincolnlocker, I believe that is the same amsoil product I put in last fall, put a new front door in for a customer and he hooked me up, he is a amsoil dealer, did seem to quiet the cavitation growl that these noisy bastards have, going to try the advance pre bled unit out pretty quick, will let you know results, thanks all again.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I am running the same amsoil MTL, I love it! I also am running the advance aluminum master/slave cylinder kit and it made a good difference from the motorcraft plastic ones.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am running the same amsoil MTL, I love it! I also am running the advance aluminum master/slave cylinder kit and it made a good difference from the motorcraft plastic ones.

how was instal on that aluminum master cylinder? before to long, im going to be swapping the clutch out... dont know if i should just go ahead and get one or not?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.