Best tuner for my 2012 6.7 powerstroke f250 4x4

johnschrader77

Reaction score
Would it be better to use the mini maxx or xrt pro or tt t1. Not price but what's better for this truck. Thanks in advance.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Would it be better to use the mini maxx or xrt pro or tt t1. Not price but what's better for this truck. Thanks in advance.

you will get the most complete package out of the minimaxx . mcc, gauges, everything. I stock them and can make you a package deal. shoot me a pm if you're interested .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what I sell the profit margins are about the same for me , the SCT serves its purpose , some don't need the features of the minimaxx. That being said , decide what your goals are and I'll get you all squared away !

johnschrader77

Reaction score
Lovely I purchased the t1 with gages before seeing this. I have never heard anything bad about it. I hope it's awesome. ..Thank you guys for your replies.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Drunk on diesel. .why do you say that. What bad experiences have you had with them.

they look and feel cheap, the screen brightness is weak and difficult to see, the supplied mounts are junk, and I have had a disproportionate number of issues including a unit that flat out wouldn't power up. I've only purchased eleven of them. one bad out of eleven vs. ZERO bad Mini Maxxes out of HUNDREDS.

plenty of people like them and they work "fine", but I feel the MM is worth the extra money

YMMV

johnschrader77

Reaction score
I wish I would have got this prior. I was told they are basically a clone. Would you rather use a sct x4 xrt pro or t1 as I don't have the funds to get the mm as I am starting my business right now.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I think you'll be fine with the T1. The gauges are nice to have, and if you don't have prior experience with a Mini, you won't know what you're missing :)

PERSONALLY, I would rather have the XRT PRO, but I am very familiar with the H&S platform and feel that the MCC custom tuning platform is worth the price of admission alone!

But, I'm sure any of those will work just fine for you. I'm just biased and often grumpy LOL

johnschrader77

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I just bought a sweet f250 and knew nothing about emissions. What a blast to the mind, so I have been reading for 2 months and tried to make a educated decision. I am just needing it for better mpg, reliability, and longevity. Do you think it's necessary to do a physical delete as I may return it to stock down the road to sell it?