04 6.0 no start

Nickaldo1

Reaction score
Truck was towed into my buddy's shop with a no start. Looked at all the gauges on the scanner and found it didn't have enough oil pressure. Has enough oil in it. We went ahead and changed the o-rings on the oil rails which were a little worn and still nothing. Truck is reading 6 pounds of oil pressure on the scanner when trying to crank. We know the 03-04s are known for the bad oil pumps but wanted to hear your guys opinions on other things that it could be before we go and replace the oil pump. Thanks in advance

nickg3130

Reaction score
Truck was towed into my buddy's shop with a no start. Looked at all the gauges on the scanner and found it didn't have enough oil pressure. Has enough oil in it. We went ahead and changed the o-rings on the oil rails which were a little worn and still nothing. Truck is reading 6 pounds of oil pressure on the scanner when trying to crank. We know the 03-04s are known for the bad oil pumps but wanted to hear your guys opinions on other things that it could be before we go and replace the oil pump. Thanks in advance

Scrap it.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Thats too low. Should be 40 or 50 on a cold engine. But a high pressure side oil leak will cause the same symptoms. Diagnose before throwing parts!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.