06' factory trailer brake

slc6oh

Reaction score
So as ive read many have my same issue but no insite as to a solution, lookin for sone help.

06 ccsb, pulling a ~~9k# loaded bumper pull toyhauler. Gain on factory brake controller set to 10 i feel like im gettin slim to no assist under regular braking. However I can manually slide the lever and they lock right up..

Is there anything i can do to get the controller to work better under normal braking?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
They are progressive so it doesnt have the "Pull" that the add on ones have. It all is related to how hard you push on the brake pedal.
Make sure the brakes are adjusted right on the trailer.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Hooked the toy hauler up to go camp/ride/party over the weekend and initially i got no response from the controller. Disconnected the trailer plug and checked... Pulled all the pins on the trailer side of the connector in to get a tighter connection and its all gravy now, brakes work good enough for me to not bitch about them anymore lol

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I adjust mine every once in a while on the trailer side. I can tell when they are getting a little loose by how it plugs into the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.