2004 wont run

IHI6FAN

Reaction score
Was driving home last friday truck ran great on highway then exited an let off go pedle then got back on it an had now power. Got it towed an found that there was no oil in it the filter housing was leakin oil the spring in side the cartride was stuck an would not depress was curious if I may have a issue with the high pressure oil pump.

webb06

Reaction score
Was driving home last friday truck ran great on highway then exited an let off go pedle then got back on it an had now power. Got it towed an found that there was no oil in it the filter housing was leakin oil the spring in side the cartride was stuck an would not depress was curious if I may have a issue with the high pressure oil pump.

Need to see if it'll build icp. check the oil level first though. You can also remove the oil filter and crank the engine to see if you have low side pressure, if the oil level in the canister rises you have pressure on the low side.

IHI6FAN

Reaction score
When I got the truck home an looked at the oil wouldnt register on the dip stick. The canister was leaking an the spring inside the filter was stuck an wouldnt depress. Most of the oil leaked out not surecwhat could have caused thecspring to lock up inside the oil filter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.