2013 F250 Tire wear

johnboy27

Reaction score
I have a 2013 F250 6.7 Crew Cab Single Wheel.

Stock 20" Michelin tires and stock suspension.
I have almost 20K miles on it. I just rotated the tires again and noticed that the rears are worn down on the inside. The fronts look perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Atsah

Reaction score
Maybe you didn't notice the inside wear when you took them off the front when you rotated last time, that's the only thing that makes sense, I highly doudt you have two defective Michelins that wear on the inside when mounted on the rear..

johnboy27

Reaction score
Honestly, the tires have never been on the rear. This is my first rotation which I know is bad. I always stay on top of my tire presure and engine maintenance. OCD attention actually, but I have always checked the tires visually and I have never seen an issue. This seems to be recent wear to me. I have never jumped the truck or taken it off road.
The wear is on the inside of each tire only and its the same all the way around the tire.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I have a 2013 F250 6.7 Crew Cab Single Wheel.

Stock 20" Michelin tires and stock suspension.
I have almost 20K miles on it. I just rotated the tires again and noticed that the rears are worn down on the inside. The fronts look perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bent axle housing. Either caused from faulty build or when the truck was hauled and they strapped it down by axle and got carried away with chain binder. Who knows really.

Take it to alignment shop and have them check the caster and camber on the rear end.

Still under warranty. Let Ford deal with it. But you will have to prove your case first on your own dime. That's a guarantee with Ford now days.

Just throwing some Internet troubleshooting guesses out there.

johnboy27

Reaction score
Bent axle housing. Either caused from faulty build or when the truck was hauled and they strapped it down by axle and got carried away with chain binder. Who knows really.

Take it to alignment shop and have them check the caster and camber on the rear end.

Still under warranty. Let Ford deal with it. But you will have to prove your case first on your own dime. That's a guarantee with Ford now days.

Just throwing some Internet troubleshooting guesses out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but its a straight axle in the rear. No camber or castor adjustments to check.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.