2013 model brings us....the platinum!

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
I've been seeing one around here lately. It's always with an F-150 with a "camo" grille. Finally was kind of able to get a picture, not very good though, trying to drive and fumble around with my phone. Not very impressive in person, tailgate looks dumb. The one thing that caught me off guard was that it is a dually.
20120611_073656.jpg

Mpoage

Reaction score
And the Ford dealer said that I couldnt even order one until august and it would be October before I could get it. :doh: The salesman told me that he hasnt even heard of a platinum super duty, I had to talk to someone who kinda knew what they were talking about.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
And the Ford dealer said that I couldnt even order one until august and it would be October before I could get it. :doh: The salesman told me that he hasnt even heard of a platinum super duty, I had to talk to someone who kinda knew what they were talking about.

Lame.
I want to see one of these in person!

Spatel23

Reaction score
I really want to see what the kodiak brown looks like in person. My guess is, its going to be REAL sharp once somebody deletes all the bobo crap off it.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I think the grill looks better then the normal ones... It kind of breaks up those big bars..

I like it all BUT the tailgate... Do not realy care for that!! BUT would be a easy fix!!

SoGrand

Reaction score
Prices are out on the new Platinums. Just priced one out MSRP is 66,200 Invoice is 61,343. Ouch!! If someone wants to email me at [email protected] i will forward you the email of the options i priced out so you can post it.
Thanks
Dan

Spatel23

Reaction score
found this.......

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY CHANGES
Platinum (Crew Cab)

PACKAGES/OPTIONS ADDED

Interior
— SYNC® w/MyFord Touch® and SYNC® Services – Standard on Lariat, King Ranch® and Platinum
○ Voice-Activated Communications and Entertainment with 911 Assist® and Vehicle Health Reports
○ SYNC® Services – Traffic, Turn-by-Turn Directions, Business Search, Send to SYNC® from Mapquest, News, Sports, Weather, Horoscopes
Note: SYNC® Services receive a complimentary three year prepaid subscription.
○ Instrumentation includes:
■ 8" LCD color touch-screen in Center-Stack
■ IP mounted inverter (110v/150w), upper closable Media hub with USB Ports (2), SD Card Reader & Audio/Video input jacks & 12 volt powerpoint
■ 5-way steering wheel control switch
■ 4.2" Driver configurable LCD Productivity Screen: includes menus for Gauge Setup, Trip Computer, Fuel Economy and Towing/Off-Road applications
— SYNC® – Standard on XLT
○ Voice-Activated Communications and Entertainment with 911 Assist® and Vehicle Health Reports
— Premium SONY® Audio w/Single CD – Standard on Lariat Crew Cab, King Ranch® and Platinum
○ SONY® Subwoofer, amp and additional center speaker
○ SONY® Branded sail panel speaker grille
— 1-Touch Up and Down Driver and Passenger Window – Standard on XLT, Lariat, King Ranch® and Platinum
— Heated Rear-Seats (available on Lariat, King Ranch® and Platinum (Crew Cab); – Requires Front Heated/Cooled-Seats
— New Navigation System (now w/High Definition & Satellite Broadcast)
— Pecan interior color (Platinum only)

Exterior
— Underhood Service Light
— Larger brakes for increased capability and confidence
— Drop-in Bedliner – Late Availability
— Wheel Well Liner (SRW Pickups only)
— 18k Rated 5th Wheel Hitch for SRW (15L)
— 20" Wheels now available on 4x4 trucks equipped w/6.2L gas engine (Lariat & King Ranch®, F-250/F-350 SRW only)
— 17" 6-spoke Cast Aluminum Wheel (Optional on XL, Standard on XLT) (SRW only)

New Paint Colors
— Blue Jeans Metallic (N1)
— Kodiak Brown Metallic (J1)
— Ruby Red Metallic Tint Clearcoat exterior paint (Late Availability)

PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED
Extra Heavy-Duty Alternator (200 amp) now available w/6.2L gas engine
Extra Heavy-Duty Alternator Standard on Lariat
Ford Work Solutions™ Crew Chief™ now available w/SYNC®
Navigation System w/HD & Satellite Broadcast now Standard on King Ranch®
Premium Audiophile system (non-SONY®) available on Lariat SuperCab only
Rearview Camera moved from handle to oval and now Standard on Lariat and above

PACKAGES/OPTIONS DELETED
Premium Audio system (non-SONY®) on Lariat, King Ranch® (Crew Cabs only)
Dark Blue Pearl Metallic exterior paint
Golden Bronze Metallic exterior paint

SAK

Reaction score

Spatel23

Reaction score
maybe I am interpreting it wrong, I read it as having the option of two tone or not.

If I get bored, Ill call a friend and verify which way they will be available.

cowtown

Reaction score
Got this from another forum:

A partial OKTB has been achieved for 2013 MY Super Duty excluding King Ranch, Lariat and Platinum orders. Retail orders will begin scheduling on Thursday, November 1. Once we have achieved the "OK to buy" for King Ranch, Lariat & and Platinum a separate announcement will be communicated.

Stock or retail orders with the Platinum Edition Pkg (17L) will not be selected for scheduling until January Production.

Latest posts

Members online