2014 DRW Ride Suggestions

Billy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone I have a 2014 DRW 350 It is the Lariat Model but also has all the FX4 crap on it as well. What I am wondering is what can i do to improve the everyday ride quality some people say the fox shocks suck and doesnt help at all . when i am towing the ride is pretty good but just driving it is bumpy as all get out. I do have the Air lift bags on the rear as helper bags for when i have to tow heavy. The truck will be going to the local shop soon to get the new turbo and other goodies added so while it was in there if anyone had suggestions how to improve ride quality with out hurting the towing ability im all ears with having neck and back sugery im all about the ride when not towing. i have also thought about leveling the truck but unsure if i should go that route or not. any and all help is appreciated Thanks in advance

Buck1

Reaction score
Shocks definitely. I did Carli front Springs in mine when leveling and that helped as well. Back of mine rides much better when loaded as well. I've found varying the air pressure in the bags can help with unloaded condition as well. I'm planning on doing full air ride in the rear this spring for this concern. Little to the extreme.

Billy

Reaction score
Yeah I have tried going from the monimum pressure of 5 all the way to 100 and when empty it just doesnt matter where i run the air in the bags it still rides rough I thought about new shocks but i read on a facebook group post that people are saying stay away from the fox shocks that the ride didnt get better at all so i just dont know witch way to go

Reaction score
Take a rear leaf out and rely on the bags to do a bigger portion of the ride control. Also check how close your overloads sit. You may be hitting the overloads with a small bump. Fwiw I have f250 base springs w/o overloads or heavy gvwr rating. They ride a lot better and with the airbags I've still grossed over 40k with zero squaring at all. You could top it all off with a set of icon or other good quality resevuor shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy

Reaction score
Ok thanks Morgan I am thinking about trying out the Kelderman 2 link Bag set up Also Morgan thanks very much for getting my turbo and ss piping out to me so fast I had Went thru Steve as soon as the rest of his stuff comes in I will be installing it all then i need to figure out what else to do to the truck so im sure i will be going thru you or steve if you have more ideas on things i should do please let me know right now i will have steves ap intake steves ported manifold your 64mm streetmax ss piping steves egr delete and dons custom tuning for the mini so if you have other ideas let me know

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I would check to see what front springs you currently have. Without a plow you should not need 6,000lb or heavier which I assume you have. I swapped from 6,000lb springs to 5,200lb springs in my SRW 2015 and it was a night and day difference. And thats was with keeping the stock shocks.

BTW. from 6,000lb to 5200lb will drop the truck 1" or so. A spacer can be added to get it where you want

Focus1

Reaction score
The ford DRW's don't have TPMS. I just took air out of the rear tires. It made the ride much more enjoyable dry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.