2016 w/2.5" level and bump steer??

Klutch

Reaction score
Just bought a '16, installed Ready lift 2.5" coils, radius arm drop brackets, and trac bar. Had some pretty good bump steer, so I then installed the trac relocation backet so the trac bar was paralell to the drag link, and it helped, but still have a fair bit of bump steer. Any ideas? Also installed a Carli steering stabilizer and that didn't help either. Truck has 1000 miles only. Any help appreciated!!

Clean-15

Reaction score
Did the lift come with caster shims? If not, get some and have them installed and have the truck aligned and it will improve greatly.

Klutch

Reaction score
Yes, but with the radius arm drop brackets, the shims can't quite put it in spec as my wheel alignment guy tells me. He said it's only out a bit and shouldn't have these affects. I trust him, he's done all my trucks in the past. Any other ideas?

Thx

Jomax

Reaction score
2016 w/2.5" level and bump steer??

Check your alignment. He's wrong. Their spec is too low to begin with. I like seeing castor at 5. And makes sure everything else is perfect.

Did he print out an alignment sheet out for you showing what your specs are at currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klutch

Reaction score
He told me it was at 4. I'm wondering if I should take out the radius arm drop brackets? The 2.5" lift might be to much for the brackets, not allowing the shims to bring the alignment where it should be?

Jomax

Reaction score
Do you have a print out of your alignment??

ckrueg

Reaction score
He told me it was at 4. I'm wondering if I should take out the radius arm drop brackets? The 2.5" lift might be to much for the brackets, not allowing the shims to bring the alignment where it should be?
Pretty sure removing the drop brackets would only make it worse.

Reaction score
I have 3.5" leveling kit on my 12 I definitely would not remove brackets. Mine rides and tracks perfect.
^^whs^^ on alignment printout. Too little caster would make it drive like a lifted jeep

Klutch

Reaction score
I've got my truck booked in today for other stuff. I'm thinking I should have them put the castor at 5? Also, what do you think of having the trac bar drop bracket on there? It put the trac bar parallel to the drag link, but I've also read that without a drop pitman arm, it can lead to bump steer. But it makes more sense to me to have the trac bar and drag link parallel. I initially had no trac bar drop bracket, but put one on to combat the bump steer and thought it did help.

sootie

Reaction score
you don't have enough caster. Leave the radius arm drop mounts and drop trackbar mount. You dont have enough lift to need a drop pitman arm.

Jomax

Reaction score
When my truck developed some bump steer. My camber was -1.1, fixed that and it was 100% gone. Check that as well. But everything Sootie said, is spot on.

Klutch

Reaction score
Thx guys. I will have it checked again.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Klutch

Reaction score
Yes I do. Poor truck has never been to the track. Drive it once and while. Runs like a top.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Klutch

Reaction score
Well I ordered a Carli track bar because it uses the ball joint on the axle like the factory bar does. The Ready lift bar has a heim joint at each end and I thought that was to rigid for mounting and causing the feedback in the steering wheel. The Carli bar ended up being to long to use with the trac bar drop backet I have on, so I installed the factory bar and the feedback is gone. Thx for everyones help.

Jomax

Reaction score
Remove the track bar drop bracket and install the CARLI track bar. It's a great bar.

Layson

Reaction score
the readylift track bar is about as worst as it gets.... run the stock bar and you should be good.

Klutch

Reaction score
The stock bar is working but still puts my axle about an inch off center towards the passenger side with the trac bar drop bracket.

I want to run the carli bar, but if I take the drop bracket off, it puts the drag link and trac bar at different angles, with it they are pretty close to paralell. I'm thinking of having my machinist shorten the carli bar to use with the drop bracket.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.