5" exhaust install help

FussGus

Reaction score
Unless instructions to anything have visual cues for me I am about as dumb as it gets. I purchased a 5" Diamond Eye Performance exhaust system for my truck, and for the most part I am understanding it until it gets to the part where I need to measure and cut a section of pipe to fit.

Now I don't know if all kits are in the same ball park as this but could anyone help me make more sense of it?

I have the PDF of my kits install sheet attached.

One thing I don't get is how are parts S165038 and S165058 supposed to connect together when both pieces that are supposed to mate together both have same diameter? Also, are the instructions telling me that S165058 is the piece that needs to be measured and cut?

Attachments

• dep-k5366s.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 93

ncollins64

Reaction score
Sorry i just seen it was for a 6.4. I bought a flo pro kit and i didnt do any cutting. I used all but one short piece and everything fit perfect.

FussGus

Reaction score
I probably should have went with them. I just spend $75 in getting real band clamps since a lot of people have said the ones DEP gives you are bad.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
The one I did last week was an AFE and the pipe that I had to cut would be the s165059 in your Diamond Eye kit. I put everything together except for that pipe and that had someone hold the exhaust where I wanted it to exit and marked where I would cut it so that with it installed in s165058 it would slide in smoothly with enough room for s165060 to maintain the position that I wanted it to exit.

FussGus

Reaction score
That could very well be true. I did a search and whether it be a CCLB or CCSB the kits have the same number.

ncollins64

Reaction score
It was by far the easiet ive ever installed. I literally had my old out and new in in about 40 mins. I had an extra pipe left that was probably 3 ft long i guess but i didnt need it.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I have that exact kit you bought. The fit sucks and I had to modify all the slip fit joints and cut 2 sections re bent 2 hangers yada yada but it works LOL and can't beat the price.

one2nine

Reaction score
The only piece I cut on my flo pro was at the exit so it didn't stick way out through the tip. Other than that it was a straight forward install.

BFT

Reaction score
I did one and had to make 4 slits and open the end up to fit the 2 pipes together. Only part that I cut was the tail section so it would sit nice and neat with the tip

WoodBoy

Reaction score
According to the pic you, S165058 is supposed to swell down to a 4" on one end. and be the actual 5 " on the other. You cut from the end that has 5". Ive installed some kits that I've had to cut and others that just had a piece that I left out.

HD F250

Reaction score
The one I did last week was an AFE and the pipe that I had to cut would be the s165059 in your Diamond Eye kit. I put everything together except for that pipe and that had someone hold the exhaust where I wanted it to exit and marked where I would cut it so that with it installed in s165058 it would slide in smoothly with enough room for s165060 to maintain the position that I wanted it to exit.

My AFE had to be cut also. Of course I didnt have a sawzall when I did it and had to stop in middle of intstall and go to Home Depot. :hammer:

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
My AFE had to be cut also. Of course I didnt have a sawzall when I did it and had to stop in middle of intstall and go to Home Depot. :hammer:

I was lucky enough to have a sawzall knowing that I would probably have to cut but you should have seen all the ways I had to bend around trying to cut it with a 3 inch blade. :hammer:

kdsf350

Reaction score
Im sure the exhaust kit is made for the longest configuration crew cab with long box. Just cut it to the length needed for your truck configuration. Before cutting just make sure the pipe hangers still line up with the mounts for the pipes that attach after it.

FussGus

Reaction score
I decided to grab the two pieces again and surprise surprise they actually do fit together. One thing I noticed is that when those 2 pieces are connected I can slip them all the way up to the hanger which removed 11". So maybe no cutting? I am just trying to give myself false hopes at this moment seeing as I do not have a garage of my own or have a garage I can bring my truck to for a day.

Latest posts

Members online