6.0 turbo

UtahFord

Reaction score
I've heard that I can make this work in my 2000 7.3 is it true I can get one for $50 so that's why I'm thinking about it. I've heard there are little gain.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ghohouston

Reaction score
man hate to burst your bubble, but theres really no point in going to all the work of installing a 6.0 turbo on a 7.3. the 6.0 has a vgt, the 7.3 does not. you have no way of controlling the turbo what so ever. there are so many more options better than this. you would probably have to spend a good chunk of change even if you did get the turbo for that price, getting all the piping made up for it, and then figuring out some (if any) way to control the vgt... not worth it

UtahFord

Reaction score
Not really a bubble just curious mostly but if its a pain lol I ain't doing it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You can do it, and its been done... you just have to hook up a vgt controller. Which is a pita. Cool in theory, but the 6.0 turbo doesn't flow enough (in my opinion) to make it worth the hassle of hooking it up.

Now, he351's and the likes.. yes, I say its a great idea. Lots of flow, plus VGT.

Arisley

Reaction score
You can do it, and its been done... you just have to hook up a vgt controller. Which is a pita. Cool in theory, but the 6.0 turbo doesn't flow enough (in my opinion) to make it worth the hassle of hooking it up.

Now, he351's and the likes.. yes, I say its a great idea. Lots of flow, plus VGT.

Just because you can do it, does not mean you should.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^I 1000% agree with that.... I hope the OP didn't think I mean a 6.0 turbo is a good idea. Like I said, the 6.0 turbo just isn't that much of an improvement in turbo over stock to warrant the engineering and messing around w/ getting it to work. BUT, the he351's can flow a pretty massive amount for a stock turbo... far more than an OBS or 7.3 super duty turbo..... so IF he wants a vgt turbo (which I think is a fantastic idea...) I'd start off w/ at least an he351 or similar.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
if you wanted to use a 6.0 vgt i would get one of them Mad Werks turbos. that would give you the air you need. but like the rest said its not worth it unless you have a better turbo. plus there are mechanical ways of controlling them

Latest posts

Members online