6.4 build. Running a 80mm double batmowheel on stock fuel

6.4boy

Reaction score
Ok, changing up the build a little. I've decided to run a single s480 double batmowheel instead of just upgrading the low pressure turbo. I do have future plans for fuel. Maybe the cp3 kit if it ever comes out. Dropped the truck off at Rudys last week to do s480 single kit (manifolds, up pipes, down pipe and intake), intake elbow, intercooler pipe, and head gaskets. Since I'm running the Spartan I'm hoping to get some custom tunning done by River City Diesel to maybe help the spool up. What do you guys think this setup will be capable of at the track or dyno? I've pulled 1.64 60" times before so I have the traction. Would like to run a 12 flat. We will see! I'll keep you guys posted!

MINK

Reaction score
I saw this on compd...been waiting for an update. I'm still doubt it spools with stock fuel

extreme3807

Reaction score
Its going to be a turd buddy, i doubt 12's even. The 480 needs a lot of fuel to push it

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

6.4boy

Reaction score
I saw this on compd...been waiting for an update. I'm still doubt it spools with stock fuel

Yea she is still at Rudys place. If it doesn't spool I'll just throw some fuel to her or either a 73mm batmowheel that I can get ahold of pretty cheap. I have also entertained the idea of trying out the stock low pressure turbo with a batmowheel. Kinda curious as to how it would do. But I'm gonna go big 1st! I'll have dyno numbers and track numbers for every setup.

extreme3807

Reaction score
Since you are doing HG's might as well do fuel while you are there, save you time and money down the road. When i had the 75 on we couldnt get the turbo to lite for **** on the dyno, singles don't dyno well IMO

6.4boy

Reaction score
Its going to be a turd buddy, i doubt 12's even. The 480 needs a lot of fuel to push it

Unless it just wont spool completely 12s should be cake. I ran a 12.73 with just Spartan 350, exhaust and intake on a stock trans. Since then I have pulled a 7.94 in the 1/8 with a tranny. Saw you truck at Rudys! That's a nice setup. My brother ran you in that 4 door white 02 GMC the past when Both of y'all fell on your faces and the picked back up about half track. Sick truck you have yourself there.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Karnak.jpg I fore see a hot and smokey truck.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I bet you loose hp...

Save that 80 and pair it with a towpower high pressure... now that would be a nice set up.

Good luck

extreme3807

Reaction score
Thanks man. The truck is still running like poop but has improved substantially since rudy's event. Good luck regardless, you will enjoy the single, thats for sure.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I ran a 76mm single on 60s and a modded pump and couldn't drive it hard enough without nitrous.

Wasn't trying to be a dick. I just have been there with a smaller turbo and it didn't work that great fuel only.

6.4boy

Reaction score
I ran a 76mm single on 60s and a modded pump and couldn't drive it hard enough without nitrous.

Wasn't trying to be a dick. I just have been there with a smaller turbo and it didn't work that great fuel only.

Na buddy your fine, I didnt take your opinion in a bad way. I like the feedback and peoples advise.

What type of 76 turbo were you running just out of curiosity?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Na buddy your fine, I didnt take your opinion in a bad way. I like the feedback and peoples advise.

What type of 76 turbo were you running just out of curiosity?

76mm billet precision double ball bearing. Spooled ok against the converter but could only get 40 psi of boost out it 55 or so on nitrous. Dynod 622 I think but trap calculator said it was closer to 800... all on nitrous

6.4boy

Reaction score
76mm billet precision double ball bearing. Spooled ok against the converter but could only get 40 psi of boost out it 55 or so on nitrous. Dynod 622 I think but trap calculator said it was closer to 800... all on nitrous

Hmm seems I'm going in a horrible direction haha. Has anyone done just the low pressure 65mm turbo as a single with a batmowheel? And can you get any type of race cover for it?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Where do you live? From what I have seen, a batmowheeled 475 is pretty laggy with a good amount of fuel. I would for sure rethink your decision if you ever plan to drive that thing in town...

6.4boy

Reaction score
Where do you live? From what I have seen, a batmowheeled 475 is pretty laggy with a good amount of fuel. I would for sure rethink your decision if you ever plan to drive that thing in town...

NC. Pretty close to sea level so I'm hoping that helps a little.

Latest posts

Members online