6.7 powerstroke

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I don't know anything about them and would like to know what's different from the 6.0 and 6.4. My dad is thinking about getting one and would like to have some knowledge about one before we went to go look. So basically school me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I'd say the only cons are they are limited on tune only power which may not even matter to y'all. They have small, weaker rods so adding a lot of power means a bottom end build for sure. Only other con is the factory turbos don't seem very reliable. But all this is changing for the '15 model :thumbup:

Everything else about it is pros IMO. Reverse and increased flow heads make for quick spool up. They are by far the quietest diesel I've ever heard. Really stout transmission from the factory. They really seem like great engines and the '15's look like they will be even better

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
The 6.7's are definitely the way to go. I've already seen them roll into the shop with 400k already. Like bft blue oval boys said the chargers and rods seem to be the weak point, and hopefully the 2015s will fix this problem. And they tow like no one business.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
egr systems are different than other years

they added the urea system to the DPF so its an added fluid that gets put in to help keep the dpf clean.

they have a bad sagging problem when towing due the softer rear springs, this was done to improve the ride from ford. So if he tows a lot it will need air bags.

kind of a small turbo but from stock it spools great, but does seem to run out of air pretty quick when you start tuning them.

there are signs of weak turbos and rods, mine is a early model 11' with 82k on it and has been tuned since 10k and still has stock rods and stock turbo and has been beaten from day one. Rods and turbo soon to change this winter but still on the factory stuff for now.

when they are stock from the factory, mine got great MPGs, was super quiet. 1st diesel i have owned that you didnt have to shut it off when you pulled up to the speaker at the drive thru line. rode great from factory and just all around damn good truck. For someone who works out of them like i do and is behind the wheel alot or does a lot of traveling, hands down its the way to go.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I love mine I bought it in July with 17k on it and it has 54k on it now 20k miles of towing moderate to heavy. It runs out of air when towing heavy pulls great I just abuse it! Definitely the quietest and most powerful stock truck I've driven. From ford lol

ClayStewart

Reaction score
I'm in the same shoes as Randall. My early 11 will tick 100k miles this week. The only things I have had problems with are a primary water pump, and 3 of the vacuum pumps for the waste gate. Transmission isn't enjoying it too much but this truck also has over 30 passes down the track (at least 10 with nitrous) and gets romped on daily. :thumbup:

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
He got it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385522350.721054.jpg
Getting a 6" lift kit with tires and wheels.

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
Cool!! Mines an XLT FX4 as well. Its the Texas Edition though so it has the chrome upgrades and such. I love my cloth interior. Had leather for about 5 years in my last 2 trucks and forgot how much more comfortable cloth is. He's gonna love the new truck. Wont even compare to the Toyota haha.:thumbup:

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Lol. He has a loaner right now that's the same truck he's buying. Seems like he likes it more than his yota lol.

gordon24_1

Reaction score
pwrcummins is my son and yes, I love the rental. Should get mine later this afternoon and will get some pics up. Always wanted one just never could afford it and now probably still cant, rice and beans for awhile!

Been reading some other posts and forums about it so kinda shaking a bit now that the deal is done, but I am not hard on my trucks, only pull a 20' skeeter and that's it, no hot rodding or anything else.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
pwrcummins is my son and yes, I love the rental. Should get mine later this afternoon and will get some pics up. Always wanted one just never could afford it and now probably still cant, rice and beans for awhile!

Been reading some other posts and forums about it so kinda shaking a bit now that the deal is done, but I am not hard on my trucks, only pull a 20' skeeter and that's it, no hot rodding or anything else.

Dont be skeered! they have turned out to be some very nice dd trucks... a small mild tune is all I would change on mine.. other then that just drive it and enjoy...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.