6.7 Turbo done/Need replaced

5280diesel

Reaction score
I looked under my 2011 truck 2 weeks ago and saw an oil leak coming down from under the engine. could have been a crank seal or a turbo boot. Just had a chance to take it in to the dealer today, only to find out he said my turbo was passing oil thru and is pretty much done? It doesn't seem to have lost power or makes any out of the ordinary noises. Anyway my truck is just over 100k go figure and is out of warranty. Any one know of any good replacement turbos since I hear the stocks are junk. Or someone have a replacement by chance? My truck is stock. Thanks

5280diesel

Reaction score
I would like that at some point. But I just want to get it fixed for now and get it running right. Maybe ill get me a newer model :)

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

5280diesel

Reaction score

I looked under my 2011 truck 2 weeks ago and saw an oil leak coming down from under the engine. could have been a crank seal or a turbo boot. Just had a chance to take it in to the dealer today, only to find out he said my turbo was passing oil thru and is pretty much done? It doesn't seem to have lost power or makes any out of the ordinary noises. Anyway my truck is just over 100k go figure and is out of warranty. Any one know of any good replacement turbos since I hear the stocks are junk. Or someone have a replacement by chance? My truck is stock. Thanks

Also how would I know my turbo is going out? Seems to drive fine. Should it be smoking, making noises losing power? Right now I don't notice any of that. But Ford mechanic said it was passing oil thru and needs replaced. That's where I'm getting the leak

Latest posts

Members online