6 hole vs 8 hole nozzles

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Okay so I'm looking to pick up a set of 60hp nozzles and with the current sale MPD's 6 hole and Elite's 8 hole are right around the same price. I know it was discussed briefly in another thread, but my question is which is better and why?

PLEASE KEEP THIS INFORMATIONAL. No nut swinging or mucking up my thread with arguments and random tangents. Thanks

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The argument is that 8 hole nozzles have better atomization so in theory less smoke more power ect.

there has been some recent talk about how the 8 hole might not spray in the bowl of the piston, but most of the talk was on 6.0s and i didnt hear much confirmation on 6.4s about that.

Both have proven to make power, i dont know which is less smoke as i dont think anyone has truely compared side by side

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
My Elite 110's are 6 hole. I'm not sure they make them like that anymore. After the CP3 the smoke decrease under WOT.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
The argument is that 8 hole nozzles have better atomization so in theory less smoke more power ect.

there has been some recent talk about how the 8 hole might not spray in the bowl of the piston, but most of the talk was on 6.0s and i didnt hear much confirmation on 6.4s about that.

Both have proven to make power, i dont know which is less smoke as i dont think anyone has truely compared side by side
The speculation of the spray angle was made by lubeowner who has zero experience with our nozzles and is making random guesses without knowing the final design specs. I don't know of anyone who has tested before and after with dyno and opacity tests to make true knowledgable statements on this. Not for apples to apples comparisons. I came up with the idea and in all of our original testing the 8 hole of the same size was less smokey never dyno'd. From a price point comparison ours come with the 8 nozzles and 8 ford line kits. Our nozzles are also machined close to size and then extrude honed to deburr.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not to derail this thread but how much more presure does your cp3 put out than a stock pump? I think mine peaks at 25 k maybe 26

That's all the stock.system should do.is 24.5k rail.pressure.

What Joe was saying is that his nozzles were too big for a stock pump so it.woipr only maintain 18!k if I remember right. So.getting.the pressure back.up.where it.should be nets more power and less smoke

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Spatel23

Reaction score
I don't think thats possible. I've got dual pumps and the elite stage 2 LPFS and I don't see above 26k. Even if it was possible I don't think there would be any added benefit. It may actually cause line failures once you saw 28k and abruptly let off the surge could cause lines to break.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The nozzles we have come with install kits also

These are made by the company that came out with some of the best nozzles for the 6.0 that make awsome power and have low smoke

In our 6.0 race truck we have always made more power on fuel with these same brand 6 hole

Maybe someone will do a back to back test one day

onebadf150

Reaction score

These are made by the company that came out with some of the best nozzles for the 6.0 that make awsome power and have low smoke

In our 6.0 race truck we have always made more power on fuel with these same brand 6 hole

When I get ready to buy injectors you got my business!!!

White_monster

Reaction score

Craig I might be switching to your nozzles from my Elite 110's.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Just ordered my MPD nozzles. Ive heard 8 holes aren't as clean as far as spray patterns go. Not sure if this is true or not but MPD has proven to have some great results with theirs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.