7.3 Nose Conversion 99 to 2010

Chopper88

Reaction score
So I put a 2010 nose on my 99 f350

Its not totally done, fenders are at the painters and the hood and bumper need to go but this is the start:

I used this kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321053214494?item=321053214494&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Removed hood, grill, left and right fenders, head lights and head light supports, and plastic radiator support

Make sure to remove and save factory hood stops/hood height adjusters from radiator support; be sure to include plastic clips, you need these for the brackets, also remove the factory hood latch but leave hanging from cable

I trimmed this lip off the upper fender on on each side:
noseconversion.jpg

Installed the two fender brackets and this hood bracket, which the factory hood latch bolts on to. The fenders are a little tricky. If anyone tries it let me know and I will be happy to give you some tips there are two brackets for the hood, you have to oblong the factory bolt holes, there were templates included for this. You do need a rivet gun to put certs in a few places. He says you can use nuts and bolts but I wouldn't want to.
NoseConversion031.jpg

NoseConversion038.jpg

There's two brackets to attach the hood, I didn't take pics but I can if anyone is interested.

Cut out the spot for the headlight using his templates
NoseConversion019.jpg

This was the fender after it was fit. Some shimming required to get the lines right but pretty simple.
noseconversion2.jpg

This is with the hood on
noseconversion3.jpg

I didn't use a factory bumper as you can see so not sure what would happen if you did... Fabricator says you just have to do a little notching? Very happy with the quality of the brackets.
NoseConversion025.jpg

NoseConversion024.jpg

The best part is I can take them off and go back to my old nose if I ever need to as there was no welding involved. This is with the custom bumper and grill
Ford.jpg

Chopper88

Reaction score
whoops this was supposed to be the first pic where i trimmed under the fender:
NoseConversion004-Copy.jpg

Its the same hood in the last pic, just added a scoop

Chopper88

Reaction score
he's making a cowl kit so I can just trim mine and add his incerts. He contacted me this am and told me he should have it in the next couple weeks. He says it looks just like the factory cowl.

JMart

Reaction score
It looks good. I wanted to do a 08 front on mine but I really like my hood and its not an option for the 08 trucks, so unless it gets trashed I am staying with the 05 front for now.

psduser1

Reaction score
Looks nice:thumbsup:
Why is your 6.4 so rattley? Is there something wrong? I don't know you could get a 7.3 in an 08 model?
:D
I kinda wish I'd went with the 08 front instead of the 05, that looks sharp.

jdc753

Reaction score
nope. he built the stuff for my truck though, i was the test dummy.

So you're not Andrew Taylor or Andrew isn't the McNasty guy? I have been following the pics posted up on facebook looking forward to the finished product.

Really mostly curious if the kit could be used to hang a 2011 front end or if its only good for the 08-10?

Either way great work so far. Looking forward to the finished truck.

Chopper88

Reaction score
I'm not Andrew. It doesn't work on a 2011 front end... totally different set up. I think he was going to try that one if this one went well? Who knows... his fb page is mcnastycustomz you can always ask if your interested. I know several guys local to me who have done it but it was a long project.

jdc753

Reaction score
I'm not Andrew. It doesn't work on a 2011 front end... totally different set up. I think he was going to try that one if this one went well? Who knows... his fb page is mcnastycustomz you can always ask if your interested. I know several guys local to me who have done it but it was a long project.

Cool thanks. Probably a ways down the road before I start it, but maybe I'll pick his brain about it, or see if he wants another test dummy for an 11+ kit

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
That turned out pretty good, I also love the stance of your truck. Lifted duallys look mean as hell

^^^ :whs: What he said. Love lifted trucks.

I don't get the fascination with updating these trucks. The more modern front ends don't look as good as the older ones IMHO. Too squared off and boxy. If I had the $$ I'd get a newer 6.7, then put an '02 front end on to give it an older classic look. Actually, if I had the $$ I'd build up a '66 on a super duty 4x4 frame with a 12 valve Cummins.:joy:

Chopper88

Reaction score
The kit is for the sheet metal part of the conversion. He sends directions about what to do with your bumper, its just some notching, no brackets needed. The kit is for the hood, fenders, grill and headlights. You have to buy the nose seperately. The cowl cover is in the making. Hopefully I will have mine in a few weeks, will post pics as soon as I get it.

Latest posts

Members online