A little help please

The-Fett

Reaction score
Heard this today getting home and it really bugged me. I started the truck a few times then turned it off looking around for the issue. The only thing though of was maybe a idler pull or a belt tensioner. But in all honesty it could be nothing but I'm having a pretty ****ty day so......please help

The-Fett

Reaction score
I figured with 42 views there would be something.....does anyone else's this do this when they shut their truck off?

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Maybe belt tensioner... Though, when my was goin out on my ol 7.3 it made a quick squeek at shut down. I took that for a "dieseling" sound until it shredded two or three belts within a couple days. I can't remember hearing and clunk/thud like that before. Then again, I've only been in the game since '10 with an auto 7.3 & now newer man-auto 6.7s & I don't work at a shop. Though, you can check your tensioner by checkin to see if it's easy to move (may be hard to judge) & then taking it off to see if your marks are lined up and if the space is even in between the two main parts of it. There's a big spring inside the two pieces and when mine came unsprung, one part was offset from the other. Also, the one mark was close to or right outside of one of the tolerance marks on the other piece. Hard to describe but, easy to understand when lookin at it. I don't think it's the tensioner. But, it's easier enough to check out.

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

The-Fett

Reaction score
Thanks neverkickn & Platinum250Scorpion... I'm going to look further into it today so see if I can find anything else

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
You're welcome, wish I could be more helpful though. Good luck

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

The-Fett

Reaction score
Maybe a bad rod? But wouldn't I hear that all the time since it would be hitting all the time instead of at shut down? Also the noise is coming from the drivers side in the front. Motor mount maybe.... I'm lost....

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Motor mount was gonna be my next suggestion, just didn't wanna jump to it too early. What're driving and how many miles does it have? And, yes, you should hear any bottom end issues constantly while the engine is running and they should get louder as you increase RPMs. You didn't put larger down-pipe/exhaust on recently did ya? If ya did and it's really close to the floor or trans mounting bracket, it's a stretch, but maybe that hitting could make a similar sound.

The-Fett

Reaction score
I have a 2011 ccsb kr f2 with exhaust and tuner. Have the egr delete just haven't done it yet. I have 133xxx which I got it at 96xxx

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Interesting, depending on how it's been driven. I'd personally be calling companies to see if I could figure out a way to check my motor mounts before jumping to thoughts of anything worse though. I doubt the exhaust. That was just more of a random idea that came into my fooked up mind lol. If the only time you hear anything is right at shutdown, I'd bet it's not internal. I doubt it's a motor mount gone bad in just that many miles though. That's tough... obviously

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
I guess that's why I haven't heard it. Comin from a 7.3 (only oil cooled turbo) I'm used to letting the truck idle down. Since the 6.7's turbo is coolant and oil cooled, I don't worry about it quite as much. But, I still let it idle down for a few seconds. I actually go by my EGTs, since I have a probe connected to my tuner. But, you wanna let that turbo spin down and drain some of the fluid out of it anyway, to increase turbo life; at least that's what I've been told.

DWhite

Reaction score
Yeah, I also let my truck idle for a couple minutes until my egts are down. I just happened to hear it one day when the woman drove it and pulled up and didn't let it cool down before she shut it off and she learned her lesson.

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Lol, I had to nicely educate mine also.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.