ABS light

UtahFord

Reaction score
It just came on, no problems braking. Only put 400 miles on the truck since I bought

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
I was saying that in order to know why the ABS light is on, you would need to use a diagnostic scan tool to connect with the PCM(Powertrain Control Module) to view why the ABS(Antilock Braking System) light is being activated. There will be a DTC(Diagnostic Trouble Code) stored in memory and that "Code" has a definition that will point to a possible issue and solution.

VSS=Vehicle Speed Sensor, it is located in the top of the rear axle differential area.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Another vote for the speed sensor on top of the rear end... I'm not sure who makes them for ford but I seem to have better luck using the motorcraft brand instead of ones from parts stores... They are like $25-30

UtahFord

Reaction score
Would that by chance mess with my spedometer? I will get the code checked this weekend. It's not a dd so it takes time to go out and about with it

UtahFord

Reaction score
Mine has stopped working a couple times in the past then I restart it and it works fine, either way I bought the vss part it was $15 so I figured why not I will install it in the morning when its not as hot outside.

UtahFord

Reaction score
Hey sweet replaced the VSS and it seems to have fixed my problem thanks for the info it was a $14.99

BLK01

Reaction score
my abs light came on when my unit bearings went bad...shavings from the rotors collected on the abs sensor.

TyCorr

Reaction score
my abs light came on when my unit bearings went bad...shavings from the rotors collected on the abs sensor.

yep. Usually the grinding, squealing, and front tire that seems like it's ready to fall off draws more attention though.

BLK01

Reaction score
yeah, mine started as a little bitty squeek...and quickly went to a abs light, then the grinding and squeeling and lots of money haha

TyCorr

Reaction score
yeah, mine started as a little bitty squeek...and quickly went to a abs light, then the grinding and squeeling and lots of money haha

Exactly! It starts with an intermittent squeak usually when you are really turning the wheel.back and forth, like backing a trailer. Then on a nice day you hear a constant on off squeak that changes frequency with speed. Then a steady groan. I just change em when the squeak starts.

Latest posts

Members online