air lockers....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i was thinking since i have on board air i would do air lockers.. do i need a tank or can i pressure them up straight from the pump? i ditched my tank due to the transferflow and really don want to put one back on.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i think you need some sort of air storage, a half gallon tank would be plenty i think

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Even the smallest tank (<1/2 gal) would save the compressor from turning on a lot. I have never seen an air locker that didn't leak a little. That being said. You probably would not have it locked in long enough to matter.

NotStock

Reaction score
And why do you need air lockers?

1k hp to a single wheel isnt gonna work out too well. Normal lockers would work but they tend to be loud and clunky on the street and arent needed most the time. It would allow him to have a dd that drove good for the 90% of the time lockers werent needed, then flip a switch and have a locked rear.

Like others stated, a small tank is typically used and needed.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Do the make e lockers for our trucks? I remember putting a arb locker in my buddys jeep.. and we could never keep moisture out of it.. and we had to dill the retainer block that holds the bearings.. I have heard they changed where you drill them since then tho..

Erikclaw

Reaction score
ARBs would suck on the street with a lot of power because whenever it's not engaged it would basically be an open rear. so 1000hp through 1 wheel would suck.

Garrett

He is right, that is one thing I forgot. You have an open dif until you lock it up with air.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have used the E locker in the past and have nothing good to say about it in a Dana 60. Its a limited slip/ and locker. Good idea, bad execution... I have heard good things about the Auburn Ected (sp). Not sure if it is still available though. I believe it goes from limited slip to 95% locked. one wire, one switch, Simple magnet. Arb's are great lockers, But I feel like you would end up leaving it locked half the time. It kinda sucks when you have to plan to do something stupid... And they don't hold up too long when you crashlock them. (lock in with tires spinning).

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i dont have tru tracs.. thats what i was planning on doing, just figured since i have oba i may use it if the air locker was a good choice. ill prolly just do tru tracs and be done.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
i dont have tru tracs.. thats what i was planning on doing, just figured since i have oba i may use it if the air locker was a good choice. ill prolly just do tru tracs and be done.

Must have been your last truck that had them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Must have been your last truck that had them.

yeah my maroon truck had them and i loved them. anyone got a link to the part numbers for tru trac ? randy's search feature ***king blows.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
You'd love the ARB Mike. I wouldn't consider any others. True tracs are nice, but the ARB is awesome and easier on the tires when not in use.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.