Another SCT problem

Nadler

Reaction score
I was switching tunes from xstreet to street for winter. The x3 gave a error message 1005 cant seek file and 1008 error writing options to tune. The SCT continued to tune anyway. After the tune was done I started the truck and then it would shut back off. I tried going back to stock and the Sct says wrong vehicle and I am not getting any codes either you guys got any ideas?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Im sure you are left to dry.. There is a big sticker on the unit that says warranty void. I have came to the good habit of hooking up a battery charger when changing tunes even though i have a livewire. Anyone could be tuning their truck and knock it loose, let the batteries drain, or etc and i can see where they would not warranty that

Nadler

Reaction score
So do I need to have the Pcm/Ecm replaced or is there any other options?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Call SCT they can write a new stock file for you to load to get back to stock and then you can just retune...the sticker that says warranty void is for SCT, If that sticker is broken in half SCT knows you were inside the case and then you're in your own if problems with the actual unit come up

Call SCT their great at helping with their product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BFT

Reaction score
I guess everyone's problem is different. Mine wouldnt load from tune to tune, but would load the stock file fine then load the a tune fine, just wouldn't communicate with the TCM or PCM.
I'm thinking the tuner is sensitive to low voltage batteries or if the cable is disturbed, like mentioned before.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I always recommend closing the doors, keeping them closed and turning off all accessories when programming. It makes me wonder if the flash failures are because of other systems trying to communicate with the dash cluster like a door ajar message or something like that.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I always recommend closing the doors, keeping them closed and turning off all accessories when programming. It makes me wonder if the flash failures are because of other systems trying to communicate with the dash cluster like a door ajar message or something like that.

That is what I try to do too.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I always turn the radio off heater off and lights off. Load a tune and lock the doors from the keypad outside that way no one cab get in and turn the key off thinking you left your truck on by accident (I retune at work a lot) so its just become habbit

X3 seams to have issues for whatever reason.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
I've seen a few issues with the 3025 in the 6.4L, but rarely with the 9625. We normally recommended the 9625 unless the customer demands an X3. The price is similar and you can datalog easier. That being said, I haven't seen any issues with the latest software on the X3. They seem to work very well.

The X3 is perfect on every other Ford vehicle, so it could've been specific to a particular version of the firmware.

Nadler

Reaction score
I do shut the radio, the lights and all that other stuff off. I bought the X3 on 10/02 from Rudys but I am not sure if im on the latest version or not?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I do shut the radio, the lights and all that other stuff off. I bought the X3 on 10/02 from Rudys but I am not sure if im on the latest version or not?

10/02 as in November 2nd of 2011? If so, then you do, or if you are talking abuot 10/02 as Febuary of 2010, then no, you do not if you have not updated since August

Nadler

Reaction score
Ok I have been on the phone with Sct the past few hours and have tried 4 diffrent stock files and all have not worked. Sct wants me to send in my pcm/ecm and x3, how hard is it to pull the pcm and ecm? Also Sct reformated my x3 removing the Innovative tuning, after I get the x3 back do I need to send it back to Innovative to get reformated again?

Latest posts

Members online