anyone have a body lift?

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
my truck as it sits has a 3"-4" suspension lift on it now on just 275's, buddy of mine is giving me a hell of a good deal on some used 37's. wanna go up to a 6" and wanted to know if a boddy lift would be eaasier and cheaper then buying new shocks and redoing the leafs. send me some pics if youre running one. thanks!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Why cant you run the 37's on your 4" lift...

It works fine assuming the wheels do not have a chit ton of positive offset.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Careful... You will all be called liberals for your thought processes very soon.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I ran a body lift for 3 months....lol

421706_280078782104619_365029719_n.jpg

weazel

Reaction score
Don't do it body lifts are terrible, 37's should fit with a 4".

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
I agree body lift are for half ton, wheel spaced Chevy I was just curious to how much of the frame was exposed. I'll prob get the tires on and see if I need to do anything then

WHY NOT

Reaction score
:flipa: im 5'8". You guys act like I'm wee man. Lol

17" of lift.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Over compensating much? LOL
From the guy thats 5'9" and drives a CC/LB :doh:

I ran a body lift on my F-150 but, I had it completely covered up, even had different tow hooks and the hitch raised 3". It worked great for a half ton, but would never put one on my SD.

Bair

Reaction score
I've run a 2" body lift on my obs for the past 4 yrs. no problems. Gooseneck hitch and used it pulling over 25k multiple times. Only reason I mention that is because obviously with a body lift your hitch is gonna be further from the frame. And I've run 500 horse and the body stayed with the frame. LOL I can get some pics of the visible frame if you want. I have both bumpers and bumper hitch moved up to compensate. Not sure why all the negative on the body lift, because it sure made it nice working on the engine and helped with getting a 4' downpipe in.

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
I've run a 2" body lift on my obs for the past 4 yrs. no problems. Gooseneck hitch and used it pulling over 25k multiple times. Only reason I mention that is because obviously with a body lift your hitch is gonna be further from the frame. And I've run 500 horse and the body stayed with the frame. LOL I can get some pics of the visible frame if you want. I have both bumpers and bumper hitch moved up to compensate. Not sure why all the negative on the body lift, because it sure made it nice working on the engine and helped with getting a 4' downpipe in.

yeah id love to see some frame pictures

Latest posts

Members online