Auxiliary Exterior Lighting

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Looking to add some lights to my CC/LB truck. Already have Recon tail lights and smoked 3rd brake light and have LED's in my stock cab light lenses. Was thinking some tear drop LED's in the front and some small rectangles for underneath the steps…Any other suggestions?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but I love the Rock Lights I picked up from Olympus Offroad. Have them on both my truck and my trail rig. Things are tough, and throw a ton of light for how small they are. Pretty easy to find a discrete place to mount them under the truck, and you don't have to worry about rocks getting flung at them and breaking lenses. I actually have them in place of bump stops on the rear of a Jeep.
http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.com/18W-Bolt-Rock-Lights_p_27.html

83f350

Reaction score
This is what I did on my truck, along with 3 under my front bumper, I got them at a local big rig shop. I still have to do the ones under my tailgate
20131106_212634.jpg

05wh250

Reaction score
One picture shows the 3 under the tail gate, left is tied into left brake and turn, middle tied into just brake, right tied into right turn/ brake, with all three tied to markers.

Another shows the lights i attached to my pinch weld covers, one under each door, tied into marker and the turn signal side is tied to the courtesy lights so they light up when you get out.

The other shows 3 (two led) mounted under my tag bracket, and 1 above each tow hook. If you want anymore night shots let me know.

Attachments

• 2012-11-17_15-11-27_128.jpg
    2012-11-17_15-11-27_128.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
  • 2012-11-21_22-31-02_457.jpg
    2012-11-21_22-31-02_457.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • 2012-11-17_17-59-19_788.jpg
    2012-11-17_17-59-19_788.jpg
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 112

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Looks great guys thanks for the pics. 83F350, did you get those as one piece or you had to make that?

05, where did you get those lights? I like the ones in the rear, look like the Recon light bars.

05wh250

Reaction score
Looks great guys thanks for the pics. 83F350, did you get those as one piece or you had to make that?

05, where did you get those lights? I like the ones in the rear, look like the Recon light bars.

Sent you a pm with the site. The rear ones were advertised as super bright, don't see that exact one anymore but the regular 12" slim lights should be fine as I had to dim them.

83f350

Reaction score

It was something my buddy had to make since I bought em off him but it wouldnt be hard to do at all

Reaction score
little late...

i run 5 of these 5 per side with 3 red ID lights out back the same style.,,there from a locale big truck chrome shop and have a life time warranty... i also run these on my car hauler.. have had to replace 2 in the last 6 years.. they where both replaced for free...

Attachments

• 99power stroke ccv mod 013.jpg
    99power stroke ccv mod 013.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 99power stroke ccv mod 011.jpg
    99power stroke ccv mod 011.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 99power stroke ccv mod 010.jpg
    99power stroke ccv mod 010.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 89

eng53ine

Reaction score
ebybevur.jpg

enu4yru8.jpg

LEDs from loves truck stop

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

MorganM

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but I love the Rock Lights I picked up from Olympus Offroad. Have them on both my truck and my trail rig. Things are tough, and throw a ton of light for how small they are. Pretty easy to find a discrete place to mount them under the truck, and you don't have to worry about rocks getting flung at them and breaking lenses. I actually have them in place of bump stops on the rear of a Jeep.

I'm thinking these would make great lights for illuminating the truck bed, how many do you think would be needed?

NY_Mott

Reaction score

Thinking about picking some of these up.

:nopics:

Please & Thank you.

punkrockford

Reaction score
Just installed my light bar on 2010 F250. Had to get some brackets made but they came out great

Attachments

• image 3.jpg
    image 3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image 2.jpg
    image 2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image 4.jpg
    image 4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 64

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I'm thinking these would make great lights for illuminating the truck bed, how many do you think would be needed?

If it were me, I would pick up 4 (so two pairs) and mount them on all four corners. Honestly you could probably get away with only two of them, one under each bed rail half way between the tailgate and cab, but I'm a firm believer in never having too much light.
I've had the headlights fail on my trail rig at night and used the rock lights mounted as bump stops to navigate my way back down the trails and onto a trailer. They also throw enough light to do trail repairs under the truck (replacing a snapped axle shaft) when I'm out on a solo run.

I don't have any pics of them on my truck, but this video gives a pretty good idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Ltewz21Aw
Best thing about them is they are tough. No need to worry about loading something into the bed and crushing a led housing that was stamped from a recycled pop can.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Hey thanks. Looks like they are well worth the money.
Just sent them an email to find out when they will be back in stock.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Hey thanks. Looks like they are well worth the money.
Just sent them an email to find out when they will be back in stock.

The website says they're in stock currently.
If you have a pirate4x4.com account order through the forum. I believe they are still doing free shipping for pirate members.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the heads up on the shipping. I am only going to order 1 set as of now and see how I like them in person.
If all go's well I will get 10 sets and go to town!! :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.