B&w hitch ?

diezelfreak

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a b&w gooseneck hitch installed. Local shop wants $500 to install with the hitch. I would do it but don't have time with work. Is this a far price or would I just be cheaper to buy the hitch an install it when I get time. It's going in my 04 ccsb.

Sent from laying in bed

old96stroker

Reaction score
That is a fair price, let them do it for that, or do it yourself and wish you would've spent the hundred bucks to have them do it. I put one in several years ago, it sucked, just let them do it.

GregW

Reaction score
The install with the B&W is super simple. It took me less than 2 hours to install mine.

That being said, $500 installed sounds very reasonable. I'd probably let them install it as well, as long as the shop is reputable.

JRLott

Reaction score
Cheapest I found was $750. Really...that was the most expensive I found too. I called three places. Dealer told me he could cut me a deal on it for $750. I did it myself. Wasn't bad at all. For $100, I'd let the shop do it.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
The shop is a guy I know I'll prob go that route then. Any of y'all gave complaints about the b&w? Dad has one in his 08 an likes it pretty good.

Sent from laying in bed

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We would not even touch it for $500 honestly.

We would probably be around $600 for the installation of most flip over ball systems. Its not an awful install, but it is a bit time consuming and you almost need a 2nd person in parts of it.

Horsemover

Reaction score
That's sounds like a good deal to me...not worth $100. I liked my B&W. My release pin got weird after years on these salty roads but other than that it worked well for me.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
Let them do it for that price! As mentioned, the hitch itself is just north of $400 and they're not exactly fun to put into '99-'07 super duty trucks.

Latest posts

Members online