Back to Stock...

JonathanN

Reaction score
Ok, just double checking... got an SCT Livewire with IDP tunes. Going to be taking it to Ford tomorrow for a reflash. I'm putting it back to stock so that they can do it and I'm confused... I know I need to put it back to stock. Thing is, the dude at IDP said I need to put it "back to factory", almost acted like it was something different from the "back to stock", even said so. Is "back to stock" on the Livewire what I have to do before taking it back to Ford?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Reload stock tune, stock exhaust back on, and anything else you changed from stock.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
bah! If youre on good terms with them. Load the stock file in the parking lot and reflash away. When the flash is done. Reload your tune. Thats what I did the other day. No fuss, no muss.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Just wondering, but why are you getting it reflashed at ford? Are you having anything else done, or having some sort of promblems?

In all honesty if the truck runs ok, I would NOT get the latest reflash. Ive heard of it having some problems. Why mess with it if its not broke kinda thing.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
There was a flash that came out in the summer and its throwing off the VGTDC tables when tuned. They released a fix for it in November. Im having the same issue with my Street tune, before and after the flash.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
There was a flash that came out in the summer and its throwing off the VGTDC tables when tuned. They released a fix for it in November. Im having the same issue with my Street tune, before and after the flash.

Mine was reflashed when I got it. x street throws the same codes. Just clear them. But when I shut down the truck, and restart, the codes are on again. Same codes. Never threw a single code on the 250. But the 250 had the old flash..... Same year, etc. IDK.... But I would not reflash... Wish I could un reflash the 450....

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Get it reflashed to the newest one Corb, I havent had a lick of problems out of mine as far as codes or anything since I had mine flashed in Sept/Oct i think

JonathanN

Reaction score
Can't get it to stop throwing P0234 over-boost code... that's why I'm getting the latest flash. It had that reflash that Ford sent a recall for early last year and it's made for a menace. I wish a reverse flash could be done. Guys at IDP said this is what we needed. We'll see!

Latest posts

Members online