Bad to always drive in Tow/Haul mode?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Is it? I love this feature and drive around with it even when my trailer isn't behind me. Just want to make sure I don't hurt the truck at all by doing this.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
You can run with tow/haul on or off, with or without a load, without damaging anything. Tow/haul is to make driving easier, it isn't to save the hardware. It was designed to live whether or not it is used.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
What makes you like it better?

Trans downshifts on its own almost like an exhaust brake. In traffic it holds the gear longer so its not shifting up quickly. And the turbo sounds nice after you let off.:naughty: With the trailer behind it loaded with 2k I barely touch the brakes going downhill.

Side note...I noticed today that in Tow/Haul there is a sound coming from under the truck almost like an exhaust leak. I only hear it when it I'm driving past a retaining wall or other car, and its only at low speed that I notice it. Doesn't do it when its not in Tow/Haul. I'm guessing its something in the trans?

And thanks for the replies! Glad I'm not the only one using it and enjoying it.

RedRice589

Reaction score
When I drive fast I use it helps a ton on back roads when you need to make spur of the moment changes for unfamiliar turns.

Spindrift

Reaction score
I imagine the only downside, if it's on 100% of the time, may be a reduction in fuel mileage since the engine will be revving higher at certain speeds.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I imagine the only downside, if it's on 100% of the time, may be a reduction in fuel mileage since the engine will be revving higher at certain speeds.

in the stop and go city driving chit, its about the same... really, the only thing different is how it engine/trans brakes on its own.

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Trans downshifts on its own almost like an exhaust brake. In traffic it holds the gear longer so its not shifting up quickly. And the turbo sounds nice after you let off.:naughty: With the trailer behind it loaded with 2k I barely touch the brakes going downhill.

Side note...I noticed today that in Tow/Haul there is a sound coming from under the truck almost like an exhaust leak. I only hear it when it I'm driving past a retaining wall or other car, and its only at low speed that I notice it. Doesn't do it when its not in Tow/Haul. I'm guessing its something in the trans?

And thanks for the replies! Glad I'm not the only one using it and enjoying it.

The engine actually uses the vanes in the turbo more for an exhsust brake.

I use it in the mountains and stuff empty. My truck isn't empty much tho

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2