Best all around tire???

superstroker99

Reaction score
What do you guys think the best all aroud tire is for these heavy trucks?? I use the truck for everything DD, towing sled pulling and a few track passes.I have had nitto mud grapplers 35x12.50x20 love the tires, they are loud and HEAVY, these tires have not lasted me long at all. got about 25k in them and they are almost wore out rotated like clock work. Kinda looking to go back with the MT baja ATZ or MTZ heard great things out of both. Just wanna hear some personal experince.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm interested as well,

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

GreenF350

Reaction score
I'm trying out a set of Toyo MT's next. So far on my truck I have had 37x12.50R17 BFG KM2's. They were only D Load Range, but I did manage over 80,000 miles on them! Then I bought a set of 37x13.50R17 Nitto Mud Grapplers. They are getting due to be changed at a little over 50,000 miles, but easily have another 10k if not 20k. They are definitely LOUD. I would like to get something a bit less agressive, but the 4300lb per tire rating on the mud grapplers is awesome. I think the Toyo MIGHT be the solution for me.
-Aaron

EDIT: I just double checked and in the 37x13.50R17 size the Toyo Open Country MT is rated for 4300lbs also.

Last edited:

Project20v

Reaction score
BFG MT's are my favorite all time tire, but they don't make them E rated in an 18". I've been running the Toyo M/T's and I really like them, they seem to do everything well. Wet, dry, mud, grass, sand, towing etc. For the first 5K miles I did not like them at all though, my truck felt very unstable at speed. It's a combination of tread squirm and new casing. Once they wear down just a little and get several heat cycles put through them they are great. I run a 33x12.5x18 E.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I got 40K miles out of Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar, they were quiet considering, never got me stuck, and rode excellent...... want to try the Toyo M/T's next but I will be running the Goodyears again soon

Smokyred

Reaction score
My Dmax has 265/75 M/T ATZ radials on it and they are wearing very well. 35k miles on them so far and they still look almost brand new. Seem to do well getting firewood, and in the snow. They do spin easy on oil-slicked roads though.

They came on the truck when I bought it, and they've impressed me as I never would have considered them. The Dmax is my daily driver so it's just running the basics and EFI Live, nothing too powerful, lol.

Dave

Last edited:

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Falken Rocky Mountain? I'm looking for 315/75/16 and the price for them is very tempting. They also have a 50k mile warranty.

Denver

Reaction score
I have Nitto Dura Grapplers on my open diff. 2wd and do great towing and offroading. Sometimes I do spin a tire in the rain but I have hardly any weight over the rear.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have the Goodyear duratrac, will get about 40k, and that's with a dually. Got stuck in mud(forgot to engage 4x4) but as soon as 4x4 was locked, I plowed right threw. great tire, they started to get louder as they have less tread. Probably need to rotate. But a good tire none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

jdc753

Reaction score
I have at least 50k, if not 60k on my Toyo M/T's and will be going with them again if I don't try the duratrac's or ATZ's. The toyo's have been a great all around tire, I wish they were a bit quieter but have been great all around. They are even good in snow and ice and plowed roads through the winter.

mortal798

Reaction score
I know they aren't cool looking, but I have Michelin LTX AT2s. My last set went 45,000 and still had 9/32" left. I changed them because one had slight sidewall damage. They probably had another 10-15k in them.

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
for lifted trucks, i like the super swamper m-16's. i have 37's with 35k on them and tons of tread left. very little road noise and do well offroad(well for what little i do) i imagine would be a good sled pulling tire(i dont know) but so far very impressed. i may get the 40's when these ones run down.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I am almost out of tread. Picking up a set of 33" Hankook Dynapro ATM's next week.

Rupp250

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Falken Rocky Mountain? I'm looking for 315/75/16 and the price for them is very tempting. They also have a 50k mile warranty.

I went from a Toyo MT to these and I will not look back. I just don't need a MT.

Latest posts

Members online