Bought my first diesel

romemachine

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm Cory from Rochester, New York.

First off, thank you for the abundance of information and knowledge throughout the forum; It has been and will be continue to be very helpful in the future.

Secondly, this is the first diesel that I have ever personally purchased. I have been around gas trucks my entire life and have driven a company power stroke for 6 years. With that being said, the shift away from a company vehicle was determined by this fancy new thing my employer calls an "auto allowance." So I did what any smart man would do and went out and bought me a new truck about three weeks ago. It's nothing fancy, but its everything I need and want; 2016 XLT Regular Cab F350.

I am determined to make this truck exactly what I want it to be as soon as possible. It goes in for tint tomorrow and that’s a touch exciting. I'm also not into big lifts and "fancy" wheel and tire combos so that certainly wont happen. I will eventually level it out some, simply because the rake on the 350 regular cabs are woof. Aesthetically it will be very simple. I want a work horse, I don’t need it to look pretty.

Oh right, about it being a work horse, I already bought some other stuff too. An S&B intake, SCT tuner, 4 inch stainless MBRP and a few other things that we all know will help these trucks last a lifetime to be more precise. By the end of next week, it should have some bigger marbles, that’s the hope at least.

Again, thank you for allowing me to lurk for the past few months and thank you for putting in your blood, sweat and tears for new owners like myself to be able to learn from your hard work. It truly is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170205_172846.jpg
    20170205_172846.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 63

JRLott

Reaction score
Cool. Sounds like a plan, but I'd return the S&B and contact No Limit Fabrication for an intake, or use the factory. Mike can also take care of a wide variety of tuning. Look into Carli or Icon 2.5" front springs to level. Couple that with Bilstien, or better yet, Fox shocks and you'll wonder how you lived with the factory ride so long.

1ATony

Reaction score
Thanks for joining Cory, it's great to have you here

Tony:rockon:

Latest posts

Members online