BOV's?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
What's the point of them, I'm sorry but I've always thought that they were just for ricers to think they're cool. But on some of the higher horse trucks i've been around....I notice that they do put them on. This may seem like a bit of a newb question, but I've never gotten a direct answer about them. I can see how they would help for turbo surge, so I guess my question is it more of a preventative type of part, or for the most part just a "cool" add on? If they do help, what would be a good one to do and where would you put one one the 6.4's. I know my way around the piping of this motor, but I haven't started dealing with the hard parts of it until I understood the tuning side of the motors. Thanks.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I think most guys with the more expensive elite set-ups throw them on for insurance of the health of their turbos. They've been put on both the cold side and hot side pipe, I'm not sure which side they decided would be best.

I'd be in for a group buy if anyone wants to.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Looks like they're using the BD Turbo Guard. Anyone heard about the Turbonetics Godzilla bov?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
A blow off valve helps prevent "barking" the turbo. When quickly getting out of the throttle there is more air coming from the turbos than the engine needs, he BOV relieves that extra air rather then it coming back out the intake. "Barking" the turbo is not easy on shafts and bearings.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The valve itself is the same from Tial to turbonetics. It's the control box that is needed from BD due to diesels not creating vacuum.

So the box controls when to open the valve off of the throttle I'm assuming?

Sent from my IPhone

Latest posts

Members online