Cab light diagram and $20

JrStroker

Reaction score
So I'm gonna be putting in cab lights here soon. I've got a 08 if that matters. I've got a sunroof too, so a bit more of a challenge.

I was gonna ask if anyone that has a sunroof and cab lights if they would blue tap the entire area off (windshield rubber to sunroof) and be really accurate. Then peel it off and tap the sticky side up.
What I wanna do is be able to lay this on my roof and be able to see 5 holes exactly where my lights should go.
After a little double verification and what not I'll be set.

If I could get someone yo do this id be great fully appreciative. Plus I'd throw in $20 for your time, trouble, shipping, and tape.

Thanks guys!

Slate

Reaction score
I know my truck is a different model, but when I did mine. I taped about 10" wide all the way across. It helps when you drill to keep from chipping the paint.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Are you putting in recons or oem? They both mount differently. I'd help you out, but my cab lights were just deleted.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
If it was me I'd stay away from recons. I didn't realize you can buy the kit from ford. If it was me I'd do that with recon lenses. I also didn't know with recons you CANT change bulbs. You have to change the entire light. I've had one go out, replaced, now that has the middle LED out. And one of them if I don't start my truck for a couple days has a mind of its own if it wants to come on a lot. I'm about to just clip the power wire and that way thier just show for day light :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JrStroker

Reaction score
I was wanting orange LEDs with black cases. But if I can get one from someone with OEM lights. I'll go that route. Either is fine with me. I just want cab lights! LOL

pog

Reaction score
Prob easier to work thru sunroof vs lying on the roof

12stroker

Reaction score
exactly LOL

But just take your time on measuring and making your marks. It got dark on me before I could finish. But this is how I laid it out with masking tape. Not the best but it was the masking tape that I was having issues with.

0D8018F2-2D63-4AB7-A4DE-058035925177-5431-00000393DE6A1997.jpg

D66FBBB3-7C76-40F2-90B8-75A1C707A481-5431-00000393FACEFF69.jpg

JrStroker

Reaction score
Well I guess I got the advantage! LOL I just need a truck to measure for rough estimate on where to go so I don't hit the sunroof or roof support.

But I can't wait to start!

JrStroker

Reaction score
Okay cool!

So just to clarify for anyone just tuneing in.

I need someone with an 08-10 with cab lights and a sunroof to tape off their roof from windshield rubber to sunroof for me. Then mail it to me and you'll get $20!!

12stroker

Reaction score
Lol dude it doesn't work like that on making a template. I have 2012 f550 with cab lights on it. It's so much easier to follow the instructions from recon. Also someone would have to remove all his cab lights for it to work on how your wanting to do this. Just measure it and be done with it.

Latest posts

Members online