cab on headstuds

8luggin

Reaction score
Thinking about going ahead and tackling the headstuds.I sold my lift so I can't pull the cab plus I don't really wanna sub the work out. anybody done them cab on???

jdgleason

Reaction score
I did on my 6.0... Little different animal but same idea. Gotta pull the heater box on the passenger side (pain) and then the lower bolt on the driver side closest to the firewall is fun (pain) you'll need to bring the head with it (pain) and then re installing the stud will need to be put in the head before you set it down (pain). But all in all it's a ton of fun (pain). Lol white monster should have some good pointers for ya.

mortal798

Reaction score
I love the last sentence, "Now go spray some nitrous in that motor, because it wants you to."

LOL

White_monster

Reaction score
It's not bad bro. Don't have to touch the heater or ac system to pull the heads. 2 bolts on the passenger head and 1 boot on the drivers head come out and go in with the head. The up pipe bolts at the turbo are tricky at best, takes a good array of small sockets, lots of penetrating oil and you better be good at working without seeing. Ask whatever other questions you want and I'll try to answer them.

mortal798

Reaction score
I'm doing mine this summer, and I will be using H-11's. I've read a lot on here about ARP's and H-11's, and H-11's seem to be the ones that everyone ends up using.

Last edited:

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Will do man, I'm not at the shop. As soon as i get there I will get in touch with you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online