Changed t-stat, no start, need help!

Number21

Reaction score
I have an 04 F350. It's been bullet proofed and had the EGR removed. It's been running cold for a little while so I just changed the thermostat. I took it for a drive right after, everything fine, coolant temp back up to 200 or so. I was driving it hard to see how hot it would get, and then I lost power. The engine sounded the same, and I drove home another mile.

Turned it off and let it cool. It restarted, but cranked really long and died the first time. I drove it again and I had very little power.

Now it won't start at all. Cranks and cranks and cranks. No check engine light, I forgot to try and check for codes with my Scangauge.

Any ideas? I unhooked the fuel line from the filter housing to get the t-stat off. Could this have maybe caused a bubble in the fuel line? I also disconnected the EBP sensor. Have anything to do with that?

It seems kind of like a clogged fuel filter, but what would that have to do with changing the t-stat?

I have no idea what is wrong and the possibilities are making me sick.

webb06

Reaction score
Seems like replacing the t stat has nothing to do with your current problem. Need to get a scanner on it for some data

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.