Computer won't pick up DashDAQ?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Ok, finally getting around to updating to the newest firmware and tuning files. This is my first time updating it since mine came with the truck when I bought it in October. I downloaded the update tool but when I plug it into the computer it says "No response from PC yet....Are the drivers installed?". Is there a place to download the actual drivers for it or what am I doing wrong here?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Go to Drew Tech's website to download what you need. They have a section of the site specific to the DashDAQ.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Go to Drew Tech's website to download what you need. They have a section of the site specific to the DashDAQ.

I downloaded the "Installation CD" from that site, it didn't have the drivers on it. It did however have the update tool on it but it says its for Vista 32 or Vista 64 bit, mine is XP so would that cause a problem? Mine also came without the box and installation CD itself since the previous owner didn't include them with trade in lol.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
If you can hold off until Monday, get with Mick via email or phone. He will be able to help you better than I can since he is the DashDAQ guru. LOL

828-692-9968 - 10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. EST

[email protected]

Dustball8504

Reaction score
OK! So after plugging it in and unplugging it about 30 times it finally picked it up lol. I have the firmware updated.

Next question, it won't read that there is an SD card for the tuning files on my PC. Do I have to have a cable to plug into the right side of the DashDAQ that has two USB slots and the SD card insert or is it the cable that plugs into the left that reads this?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You need to physically put the SD card into your laptop (as long as it has a built in SD card reader) and then go to "My Computer" to access the contents of the SD card.....unless your computer automatically does that for you. If the computer does not have a built in SD card reader, you'll need to purchase a card reader that connects to your computer via USB cable.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
You need to physically put the SD card into your laptop (as long as it has a built in SD card reader) and then go to "My Computer" to access the contents of the SD card.....unless your computer automatically does that for you. If the computer does not have a built in SD card reader, you'll need to purchase a card reader that connects to your computer via USB cable.

That's what I figured, looks like I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow lol.

When I get the card reader and get ready to do this what is the difference in the tunes 250HP_1_LL.gtf and 250HP_2_LL.gtf? Whats the 1 and 2 mean or do I put them all on the card in the tuning files folder?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You will put them all on there. Then when you go to tuning on your dashdaq it will describe the tune more thoroughly

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Ok so I took the "tuning files" folder off of the SD card and made a new one with ALL 57 tunes and when I go to load the tunes into the truck it only shows stock DPF delete through 150hp, whats up?

Latest posts

Members online