Confused about FICM tunes

Number21

Reaction score
Just fixed the FICM in my 04 F350, now I want to tune it. I've been searching the different tuners but I'm getting more and more confused. My truck is stock, besides being bullet proofed and EGR removed. I'll probably tune the PCM eventually, but not for a while. I'd like to be able to load different tunes back and forth.

What tuner do I want? Also, are there any that will work on multiple vehicles? Or all they all locked to one? My Dad and my buddy both have 6.0s also and would like to tune them...

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
If you choose a tuning device it can only tune one vehicle at a time. Your next choice is to have the FICM tuned but you will not be able to swap around power levels as easily as using a tuner.

PHP FICM tuner has 4 power levels that you can swap around when used on the same truck.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
First of all, there are two different tuners. One for PCM (SCT, EDGE, BANKS ETC), then there is one for FICM (PHP, and limited others as far as I know). What are you really looking to get out of tuning the truck? That will help determine which tuning you really want. Then you can determine which level.

Number21

Reaction score
What are you really looking to get out of tuning the truck?

Mostly better throttle response and fuel mileage. Right now it's like my throttle talks through a 56k modem. :eek: It's plenty fast, once it decides to go. I'm not digging the 14mpg either...

sleeps

Reaction score
If you want something to play with, with multiple tunes you can play around with and looking for throttle response, the php ficm tuner is your only choice. It has multiple power levels and improves throttle response more than anything else. Pcm tuning it going to be ~$100 for each tune plus buying the tuner itself but will give you more topend. The idp ficm tuner has inductive heating and performance tunes.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
:whs:
If you want something to play with, with multiple tunes you can play around with and looking for throttle response, the php ficm tuner is your only choice. It has multiple power levels and improves throttle response more than anything else. Pcm tuning it going to be ~$100 for each tune plus buying the tuner itself but will give you more topend. The idp ficm tuner has inductive heating and performance tunes.

I will likely be doing FICM tunes for work truck and our personal trucks for mileage gains.

snafu

Reaction score
Get a SCT first, with added power you will want to tune the trans also, that is if you want it to last.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah SCT running tunes from TSD,Gearheads etc and a php ficm tuner. That's money well spent.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.