considering to single my 08 6.4!!!

zstratmann1990

Reaction score
hey guys I have an 08 f350 6.4 zf6. please note that I am extremely new to diesels an know very little about them, so bare with me. a few days ago my high pressure turbo took a ****. haven't had the time to tear apart to see the severity of it. I have be considering to just go non vgt single? what are my best options on either upgrading the turbos or going single? truck is ******* s&b intake diamond eye down pipe an 4" exhaust. has a tune but don't know what it is. was on the truck when I bought it. please any help or opinions would be appreciate it. thank you

Reaction score
We have our single turbo kit that works well for a broad range of people. We have offered it for some time now with our 64mm turbo but just finished our 66 and 69mm option for those wanting more power. Any of the turbos will work with stock fuel and more power can be pulled from the 66 or 69 with upgraded fueling if you wish to go that route.

Our 64mm turbo option is $3299 and the Borg Warner 64, 66 and 69mm turbos kits will be less than $3,000.

zstratmann1990

Reaction score
im not planning on doing fuel for a while. basically if my current setup in destroyed I was wondering if it be an easier an cheaper route to single it. im currently also looking for a tuner.

getstroked27

Reaction score
I Love the HSM kit for a moderate streetable setup, i think it would work great with stock fuel and a manual trans. that HSM 64mm is something truly magic.

zstratmann1990

Reaction score
Im going to be dailying this truck for awhile till I can find a daily. since im going to be having the truck apart. im just trying to get a good perspective on to either go single or stay with compounds. id like to slightly up grade hints why im considering doing a single. like I said im new to diesels so bare with me ha.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Like i said, i ran the HSM kit for well over a year, and i can honestly say it was the best driving turbo setup i ever drove. It had incredible street manners, and if i laid into it, it pulled harder than a 50 dollar hand job! HAHA

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I would definitely do the HSM single kit in a manual truck. Do not go to big or you will hate life driving it. I've been down that road.

getstroked27

Reaction score
PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE

No for real though, for what you are doing, i would stick with the HSM setup. if you want, do their new divided setup, if you don't like their custom 64 for whatever reason, you can run a new SXE charger instead.

Reaction score
We have the kit available with our 64 and in the Borg Warner 63, 64.5, 66 and 69 to meet whatever needs you're looking for. I will agree that, on a manual truck, you will be happier with a 63-64mm size turbo.

RMZmoto33

Reaction score
Your single kit with a 64 Borg Warner will be under 3k? Sending you a PM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Your single kit with a 64 Borg Warner will be under 3k? Sending you a PM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's looking like the single kit will be available with the Borg Warner option AND a downpipe included for under $3000 with your choice of the 64, 66 or 69mm turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.