Considering trading my truck for a new '15

TrickTruck

Reaction score
My baby (specs in my sig) is running fantastic.
Synthetic.jpg

I really have no reason to trade up, but the silly bank is offering 2% loans.:doh:

Gots me thinking of trading.
My fiance' is ordering a '15 F150 in the next few weeks, my business partner is going to get a leftover 150 or a 250 so we can put SuperArmor on it, and I'm thinking I've been left out :D Not to mention buying 3 trucks at the same time ought to get us some pretty good bargaining power with the dealer.

I know they wouldn't give me jack for the upgrades so I'd have to return it to stock before I trade it. But I have all the parts so really it's just a weekend's worth of labor.

'15 has bigger brakes right? I just bought a 34' toyhauler and it's heavy.
'15 better turbo and exhaust brake & more fuel = mo powar
anything else?

Anyone had a deleted '15 on the dyno? What's it making? About 100hp more than mine?

I know my minimax wouldn't work, but I can probably sell it for what the SCT & tunes would cost, right? All my other goodies will work just fine, right?

Help talk me into this :morons:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
The titan just arrived, like yesterday, I don't have it in the truck quite yet. In fact it's still in the box, I haven't even looked at it.
Just one of the reasons I'd like to trade it now before I do that job.

pwrov1

Reaction score
I remember also something about the 13' I think or maybe 14' model getting "larger brakes/rotors." I'm picking up my 15' this weekend! Good luck with your decision.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I keep going back and forth between keeping mine or buying new every day. One day I'd like to be able to start fresh, as my truck is up to 85k, and the next I'm thinking I should just wait till 2017 or whenever a new body style will finally come out.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing as well. Although mines only got 45 on it. I'm really wanting to go back to a longbed more than anything. But once I'd buy a 15 they'll release the info about the new body styles.

vrog

Reaction score
I go through this every day. **** my truck is 3 months old lol. If we didn't get screwed here and have to pay full sale tax on a truck i would be getting new trucks every 6 months to a year!

12stroker

Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing as well. Although mines only got 45 on it. I'm really wanting to go back to a longbed more than anything. But once I'd buy a 15 they'll release the info about the new body styles.

Yup that's the same way I feel lol. I am going to get a lwb as well but probably drw as well.

BK39

Reaction score
My fiance' is ordering a '15 F150 in the next few weeks, my business partner is going to get a leftover 150 or a 250 so we can put SuperArmor on it, and I'm thinking I've been left out :D Not to mention buying 3 trucks at the same time ought to get us some pretty good bargaining power with the dealer.

'15 has bigger brakes right? I just bought a 34' toyhauler and it's heavy.
'15 better turbo and exhaust brake & more fuel = mo powar
anything else?

Anyone had a deleted '15 on the dyno? What's it making? About 100hp more than mine?

I know my minimax wouldn't work, but I can probably sell it for what the SCT & tunes would cost, right? All my other goodies will work just fine, right?

Help talk me into this :morons:

Sounds to me like you already have your mind made up.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Yeah If I had mine as a longbed I probably wouldn't even think about trading it I just am tired of the tiny tank. My dad's got a 450 pickup he uses to tow a 38 foot toy hauler and their boat. I told him to go back to a srw for better Highway mileage empty. His is screaming at 65-70

F150orelse

Reaction score
Yeah If I had mine as a longbed I probably wouldn't even think about trading it I just am tired of the tiny tank. My dad's got a 450 pickup he uses to tow a 38 foot toy hauler and their boat. I told him to go back to a srw for better Highway mileage empty. His is screaming at 65-70

Why not just get a Titan tank?

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Why not just upgrade on the one you have, and it'll be better than a 15'? Plenty available in the brake department, power department, air, fuel, ect ect...

gnxtc2

Reaction score
If you can wait 3 months, you can order a 2016. The 2016 order guides were posted but Ford made Scott pull them. Supposely there is a strobe option for the plow package for 2016. I think the HP/TQ was upped for 2016 but can't confirm.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f281/now-placing-orders-2016-super-duty-trucks-491377/

From what I've been reading, the body change will at least be in 2017 or later.

Get ahold of Scott Pratt, he knows his stuff on the SD trucks.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f281/

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

pwrov1

Reaction score
e6cc194e4853d9bb7882b4834bfc385d.jpg

Assuming the 2017 will have a tailgate something like this. Kinda resembles the 2015 F150 styling. Hearing might be released during 2016 sometime. Will have more aluminum being used.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.